THE WINDOW

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
As you enter the cafe in SW, the counter is on the left. Behind that is a door that leads to the kitchen. I assume that most, if not all of you, are aware that that the other side of that wall is the street. No kitchen, just the outside world. My question is, how many of you have seen changes in the door? Look at the window. :oops:

As you enter the cafe in SW, the counter is on the left. Behind that is a door that leads to the kitchen. I assume that most, if not all of you, are aware that that the other side of that wall is the street. No kitchen, just the outside world. My question is, how many of you have seen changes in the door? Look at the window. :oops:

Do you mean going in the cafe for real in Holmfirth, or as it appears on the screen in the actual programme?

Do you mean going in the cafe for real in Holmfirth, or as it appears on the screen in the actual programme?
As it appears in the programme. The counter is opposite the door in Holmfirth. What you see in the show is in the studio but the external shots are in Holmfirth. Hope this helps.

Are we talking about the kitchen window, or the window in the kitchen door? Or both?
The window in the kitchen door wstol. In the show there are two doors, the entrance to the cafe and the connecting door from the counter to the kitchen, that is the door in question, Normally there is a small square window at head height.

In the 1970s episodes it is an old fashioned 1930s panelled door with no window.

This changed in the early 1980s.

We have discussed this very issue before on a few occasions if you look at the thread Phanthom of the Graveyard you will see what was said .

Don't forget in the episode A Bicycle Made for Three, Sid and Ivy had redecorated and refurbished the cafe, so it could have come from that.

Another thing, as you enter the Cafe in the studio from the outside door, there is another door in the corner to the immediate right. I've often wondered what is behind there. I always imagined it to be Ivy's customer toilet. Does it exist in the real cafe in Holmfirth?

Back