Smart Meter

In compo's front room it always seemed to be a coin slot meter on the wall, so I don't know why they would cut him off, he he did not put coins in he could not get electricity, so he would not end up with a bill he could not pay

In compo's front room it always seemed to be a coin slot meter on the wall, so I don't know why they would cut him off, he he did not put coins in he could not get electricity, so he would not end up with a bill he could not pay
Very observant of you Terry. In the days of yesteryear, I remember the gas and electric man coming to empty the coin boxes,

Do you remember Coin Box TV's ? Can you imagine if you reached a critical part of a thriller or drama or indeed a football match and the money run out !! I can picture people panicking running around like headless chickens looking for 50p or the like to put in the slot and missing the ending :13::02:

This talk of coin meter utilities reminds me of an episode in Rising Damp where Mr. Rupert Rigsby looking for some change raids the coin boxes. The gas man comes by to collect or turn off the gas and finds Rigsby with his pockets full. Unfortunately while giving a sob story of no money his pocket liners give out and coins fall all over the floor. :29:

Another new thing, that Compo doesn't have to worry about is, his credit rating,
how far below Zero would it be?

Back