My wife's birthday.

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Yesterday, 17th August, was my wife's birthday. She is ** years young:01:. Everything was all well planned for the day and the Fire Service was on standby in case we decided to light all the candles. We were going to have light bulbs on the cake instead of candles but the electric bill would have been enormous. So, no bulbs and we decided not to light all the candles, a decision which brought a huge sigh of relief from the Fire Department:37::37::37:. We did go a bit OTT though, both of us having an extra spoonful of sugar in our tea:cheek:. We also went wild by having a separate tea bag each:32: instead of sharing one like we normally do. One does have to be careful when living off a pension. For tea, we had cream crackers and cheese. Well, the cheese was still in the mousetrap from last week:) so we thought why waste it? If the mouse wasn't going to eat it, sod him:confused2:. We rounded off our meal with a piece of birthday cake. It's amazing to think just how fresh that birthday cake had kept from last year:12:. We are having an early night to get a good nights sleep to help us overcome all that sumptuous eating. I know you will all be wanting to wish her a Happy Birthday so we will wait up till 10:30 pm. And then *********:28:

happy birthday to your better half Peri, now dont forget to dry those tea bags out so you can use them again , if you dont dry them quickly they go mouldy, probably have health benefits im not sure ,
when i was a kid growing up in a row of terraced houses and all the families shared a birthday cake , it didnt get cut up or eaten it was used for display the centre piece on the table then passed to the next family so they could display it , i think that cake the last time i saw it was at least 25 years old

Happy Birthday to her! :01:

What decadence on the extra spoonful of sugar and separate tea bags. Auntie Wainwright would be appalled. It's her birthday, yuk it up I say.

happy birthday to your better half Peri, now dont forget to dry those tea bags out so you can use them again , if you dont dry them quickly they go mouldy, probably have health benefits im not sure ,
when i was a kid growing up in a row of terraced houses and all the families shared a birthday cake , it didnt get cut up or eaten it was used for display the centre piece on the table then passed to the next family so they could display it , i think that cake the last time i saw it was at least 25 years old
Did it have green icing on it? :30:

Back