Best Performance #14

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
There are many to choose from this time as it is Cleggy, though I have a feeling I know which episodes it will be, don't forget you can choose one that someone else has already picked

Has to be Elegy for Fallen Wellies [and the subsequent two episodes around Compo's death and subsequent funeral] . From what we have learned it appears that although rumours were abound that Peter Sallis and Bill Owen were never the best of friends. I think the fact that Peter chose to be buried in St John's Church but next to his "soul mate and buddy " from the show to me personally demonstrates they were close in real life [Peter could have chosen to be buried in any of the Holmfirth area churches or any area of St John's but he chose to be buried next to Bill] .

To have to act through that episode [and the the other two] knowing he had lost his dearest character friend from the show and what appears to have been a dear friend from real life simply shows what a competent and accomplished actor Peter "Cleggy" Sallis was . How he managed to hold it together throughout the filming is simply astounding.

Honestly my favourite is of course elegy for fallen wellys since it is so poignant and a more than adequate tribute to his friend.

But one line cleggy utters in the first series, I can’t remember the episode title off hand, the one where the opening scenes are with the driving simulator with Blamire and he says to the kid “have you ever heard the phrase suffer little children” I love cleggy in that episode and that little skit in particular

Honestly my favourite is of course elegy for fallen wellys since it is so poignant and a more than adequate tribute to his friend.

But one line cleggy utters in the first series, I can’t remember the episode title off hand, the one where the opening scenes are with the driving simulator with Blamire and he says to the kid “have you ever heard the phrase suffer little children” I love cleggy in that episode and that little skit in particular
The Mobile New Trio. Yes that was a good one.

Has to be Elegy for Fallen Wellies [and the subsequent two episodes around Compo's death and subsequent funeral] . From what we have learned it appears that although rumours were abound that Peter Sallis and Bill Owen were never the best of friends. I think the fact that Peter chose to be buried in St John's Church but next to his "soul mate and buddy " from the show to me personally demonstrates they were close in real life [Peter could have chosen to be buried in any of the Holmfirth area churches or any area of St John's but he chose to be buried next to Bill] .

To have to act through that episode [and the the other two] knowing he had lost his dearest character friend from the show and what appears to have been a dear friend from real life simply shows what a competent and accomplished actor Peter "Cleggy" Sallis was . How he managed to hold it together throughout the filming is simply astounding.
It must have taken great personal fortitude and presence of mind for Peter Sallis to hold it together; and Frank Thorton was probably was a great help and steadying influence.

Another vote for Elegy for Fallen Wellies (and following episodes in trilogy). Absolute stunning performance which complimented all that went before.

Back