What's your favourite episode?

I watched the Christmas special on SKY last week with Barry in a hearse, dressed in Santa gear, I cant ever comment on the programmes as my memorys so bad but with it being last week and so funny it might stay with me a few more days! Then it will be lost forever!

I watched the Christmas special on SKY last week with Barry in a hearse, dressed in Santa gear, I cant ever comment on the programmes as my memorys so bad but with it being last week and so funny it might stay with me a few more days! Then it will be lost forever!
Barry's Christmas. It was a very good episode.

The Loxley Lozenge is one of my faves, I think it contained one of the funniest scenes of the series, when the trio floated away from the van on their sofa.

That scene sort of just happened. It did not go according to plan -- BUT -- it seemed to work so they left it in.

Personally I find it difficult to choose a favourite, there are so many superb episodes, if I was forced to choose one it would be the special Crums
I used to watch Crums every morning when I first went to my private school. I was very nervous and I knew that Crums was 50 minutes -- or so -- long and I had that amount of time to get ready. Still love it to this day. Got me through untold stress. Lol

Serenade for tight jeans and metal detector is still my favourite episode of all time. It's a very, very tough decision to pick just one out of so many wonderful memories.

I seem to enjoy Foggy's episodes myself. The Kink in Foggy's Niblick & Getting on Sid's Wire are two of my favourites from his earlier era, but I tend to enjoy nearly all episodes from series 15, 16, 17 & 18. But from all the episodes over the years, the best two in my opinion are Wellies to Wetsuit and Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty.

I agree with 700mb, they were the best trio
and when Compo passed, they tried hard to replace hime , and when Brian Murphy joined LOTSW he was an opposite too Comp

Said it before but for sheer comedy it’s When you take a good bite Yorkshire tastes terrible for me.

But for overall relaxing/feel good factor it’s s22 onwards for me
I like this one too, Barry.; but I've always said that it should have been made into a longer episode (50 mins + ).I would love to have seen more of the three pubs and the escapades inbetween.

I remember waiting for this episode with eager anticipation when I was younger. I couldn't believe that foggy was actually returning. Mind-blowing! :37:

I was exactly the same, all those years ago.

But what I remember most was the surprise to see Michael Aldridge listed at the start of the opening credits. And the 'Brian Wilde as Foggy' credit afterwards.

It never occurred to me that Michael Aldridge would be in that first episode of that new series.

(I was even more bowled over to see Bill Owen's credit on It's Never Ten Years.)

I was exactly the same, all those years ago.

But what I remember most was the surprise to see Michael Aldridge listed at the start of the opening credits. And the 'Brian Wilde as Foggy' credit afterwards.

It never occurred to me that Michael Aldridge would be in that first episode of that new series.

(I was even more bowled over to see Bill Owen's credit on It's Never Ten Years.)
It was as though Michael was the permanent third man, and Brian was a guest artist.

Back