Zapped

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone been watching this comedy TV series? In it's second season, the 1st been dubbed as a three part pilot, it features Louis Emerick as the landlord of 'The Jug and the Other Jug' public house. There are some stellar performances this year from James Buckley and Paul Kaye. Well worth a watch in my opinion.zapped.jpg

John,

I have avidly been watching it , I think it is something a bit different to the run of the mill comedies we are served up . There are some very strong characters and concepts . I think Paul Kaye is excellent as Howell as is Sharon Rooney as Barbara . The quest to for Brian to get back home has some great twists and whilst they could have gone down the Goodnight Sweetheart route with Brian using all the knowledge he gained in the 20th Century , it's very much on a back burner and not over utilised . I was disappointed that Season 1 was only three episodes but I guess it was an extended pilot , thankfully Series 2 has more episodes. Hopefully it will be recommissioned .

Not watched series 2 yet,I have them stored up for a binge during the winter months, sounds like it will be worth a watch

Anyone been watching this comedy TV series? In it's second season, the 1st been dubbed as a three part pilot, it features Louis Emerick as the landlord of 'The Jug and the Other Jug' public house. There are some stellar performances this year from James Buckley and Paul Kaye. Well worth a watch in my opinion.View attachment 1773
I have never heard of it. What channel and what day is it on?

It is on Dave and the new episode is shown at 21.40 on a Thursday evening but Dave being Dave it is shown several times during the week and catch up is available on the UKTV application , hope this helps HJ.

Back