Yorkshire Pudding ?

Was not sure what to expect by following the link after glancing at the comments. When I think of pudding I automatically think of rich tasting dessert type things like chocolate or banana pudding. Or even bread and butter pudding. All of which I find yummy.

I do like both thick and thin style crust pizza's. The link does look like a thick 'pie' style of pizza instead of the thin 'slab' type of pizza. As long as the Yorkshire Pudding made for this pizza is not soaked in meat drippings (as per custom, I believe), it could be tasty...

Would the pudding not make a good crust? Keep in mind I have never had true Yorkshire Pudding.

Yorkshire puddings tend to be crisp on the outside but very soft in the middle so it really isn't the ideal product for a Pizza . There was a penchant a few years back for Stuffed Yorkshire puddings in Pubs , especially the British Pubs in the main Spanish Resorts , but I would have though they'd seen their day . Recently I have seen them used as a wrap so instead of a tortilla they are flogging all the sandwich fillings you would find in a tortilla now encased in a rolled Yorkshire pudding .

I have also seen them advertised as a dessert vessel with trifle , pavlova and golden syrup served with them which all make people from Yorkshire cringe and rightly so . Morrisons are in a highly competitive market with other Supermarkets and are always looking at ways to increase their share of the Market recently they started selling a Mega Hot Indian Style curry to capture the "bravado" set . To me it just looks revolting but it will probably sell as people have different tastes and are always looking for something different to eat will it have longevity probably not .

My mothers Yorkshire puds always came out the consistency of biscuit s :fp:My brothers and I used to refuse them unless it was with stew. Otherwise we ate them cold with jam spread on top.:08:

Nearly has bad has a slice of pizza between 2 beef burgers that they tried to kill us with a while back!

Thanks for the explanations. Hopefully in the next few years I will make it to Yorkshire and try some authentic English cooking.

Here is the biggest breakfast in the UK and it will kill you if you managed to eat all 9000 calories , it is served at the Castle Cafe , Rochdale .It does not quote how much it costs

monsterbrekkie.jpg .

Back