Xmas Presents for the Loved ones.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Having spent the afternoon scouring Amazon for my own xmas presents because I married someone without a clue, he usually gets one of the girls to do his thinking for him, I can only assume both told him no this year so I've entered a few items into the Amazon basket and told him to pick a couple, he going to look tomorrow and see if he can work out how to pay for it! :fp: It got me wondering how you all come up with ideas for your loved ones? And have you ever got it wrong big style? :eek:

Often Petal!Couple of years ago I sent my new daughter in law a couple of dozen tea towels. Practical ?? She will not let me forget it !!:3x::3x:

I'd be happy with tea towels! One thing I've added to the Amazon basket is a new ironing board, I suspect I won't get it, £100 for an ironing board is a bit much but I'm sick of cheap and flimsy. I like practical presents.

Used to buy my old dear something obscure from M&S totally opposite to what she would like just for the picture on her face , knowing fine well she would hate it . I would then hand and extremely small and thin parcel which she was puzzled at but when she opened it was the receipt . Asked why I bought her such a strange gift "although its very nice [ in that wavery no its not voice] I would just say " I knew you would take back whatever I bought you Mum" so I had my bit of fun first . Sure enough she would be hammering on M&S's door first thing Boxing Day and bought what she wanted. :)

I'd be happy with tea towels! One thing I've added to the Amazon basket is a new ironing board, I suspect I won't get it, £100 for an ironing board is a bit much but I'm sick of cheap and flimsy. I like practical presents.

Get Wally to knock you one up, it will be pretty basic

My Wife dropped a hint, so I thought that would do for me,and went online and bought it saying no more about it, a couple of weeks ago I took it to my daughters for safe keeping and told her what is was, my daughter said mum had dropped the same hint to her and she had also bought the same, last week my wife while overseas saw the item in a store and bought it for herself

Well I know what I'm getting for Xmas, he couldn't work out how to pay so I paid. They was a very dramatic wallet clutch when he saw the £100 ironing board either that or he's just had a heart attack.

Goodness, Pearl. Sounds like you wanted sturdy, but what is that ironing board made of... Scottish girders?! ;) Got Irn Bru on the brain for some reason, hehe.

Goodness, Pearl. Sounds like you wanted sturdy, but what is that ironing board made of... Scottish girders?! ;) Got Irn Bru on the brain for some reason, hehe.
I'm too old for flimsy! I need sturdy now a days.
The exact quote was " Bl****y hell woman!! Is that a miss print? "

Got curious and went on Amazon's site. They had ironing boards over $200. They had them grouped - under 100 - 100 to 200 and over 200. The highest price one on the US site was $1200. The highest priced one on the UK site was £7,495. Sounds to me like Pearl is being very reasonable.

Got curious and went on Amazon's site. They had ironing boards over $200. They had them grouped - under 100 - 100 to 200 and over 200. The highest price one on the US site was $1200. The highest priced one on the UK site was £7,495. Sounds to me like Pearl is being very reasonable.

Absolute madness that price .

Cheap ones are about £15, £20, I usually wouldn't dream of spending £100 on an ironing board, it's more a life lesson for him in doors, he now has 11 months to think about what I'd like for next year! He usually gets the kids to do his thinking for him and they ask me what I want but I put my foot down and told them to tell to him to think for himself which just resulted in me doing it directly. If he thinks I'm going to pick ironing boards for a £100 he might think twice before he leaves it this long again. 41 years!!! You'd think he'd know what I want. I'm going start leaving brochures laying about on conservatories and see how he likes them apples.

I am approaching 39 years with SWMBO and I still can't understand why she doesn't like screwdrivers:08:

As for ironing boards (& Irons for that matter) she has a Laura Star set. Not the humungously expensive one, merely eye watering and butt clenchingly expensive. BUT.......at least they have lasted, she has managed to destroy all other types on a monotonously regular cycle!!

Back