Woaaahhhhh!!!! Psychedelic Summer Wine.

mikey1965uk

Dedicated Member
If Compo brought out a psychedelic rock album this would be the album cover art

Attachments

• Tumblr_l_1527118625919334.jpg
    Tumblr_l_1527118625919334.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 12
Wesley already brought out an album with a psychedelic cover Disraeli GEARS . Ginger Baker was called away Eric and Jack needed a dep to finish the album who else but the Big Hammer merchant could have played the drums.

wesley.jpg

I love that album so much.
I actually got into Cream when I was very heavily into Punk (from about 1978) for quite a few years. I saw an album for 50p called The Very Best Of Cream, along with a big bunch of other albums in my local newsagent (God knows why) including Janis Joplin And Big Brother And The Holding Company live album and I was about 16/17 (1983ish) or thereabouts and had £3 or so and bought them both. My musical direction went into many genres from therein.
SWALBR (She Walks Like A Bearded Rainbow) is both a brilliant song and a cracking title. Music is my definite top of the list of life affirming stuff.

Think we wore out several copies of Disraeli Gears when I was in the 6th form centre at school too many years ago to remember , trying to remember other albums but its a struggle certainly John Mayall, Juicy Lucy and Savoy Brown . I remember one of the lads had been to the States with his Dad and he brought in the first album by the Fugs which was met with a resounding what the ££$$% is that might give it a listen bound to be on Spotify see if its mellowed.

Last edited:
I think I still have one the the Beatles' records. I was a nerd back then, wasn't really into anything. Played in the marching and concert bands in high school. We did nifty tunes like Capriccio Italian and The Washington Post March.

What instrument did you play Adanor? At school music was compulsory for a year and I was given a Clarinet . Whilst I learned how to read music I got nowhere with the Clarinet . I admire anyone who can play one and if I see a busker playing one I always give them money .

Back