Wind Power

Great picture.

Is it possible to walk / hike to the Wind Power rocks (Marsden Moor View) from Marsden/ Packhorse Bridge area? I reckon there are trails down through the valley since there does not seem to be a direct road route. Blake Lea Ln seems to go about halfway there from Horseshoe Waterfall. Which I am guessing is the road that can be seen in the background about head height.

Great picture.

Is it possible to walk / hike to the Wind Power rocks (Marsden Moor View) from Marsden/ Packhorse Bridge area? I reckon there are trails down through the valley since there does not seem to be a direct road route. Blake Lea Ln seems to go about halfway there from Horseshoe Waterfall.
I will have a look on the map Rick

Thanks, Terry.

When I said Packhorse Bridge area in the previous post I actually meant Eastergate Bridge area.

I have found several hiking routes via Komoot that go to the March Haigh Reservoir and back to Marsden area. Which passes Eastergate, Standedge Tunnel and Packhorse Bridge along the way. There does seem to be paths going from the Reservoir up to the car park / rock outcrop viewpoint. I think that is where the picture is taken, looks to be on the maps. But I have yet to see posted where someone has done that. There is another route that goes up from the reservoir halfway to the carpark viewpoint then turns eat and runs parallel to New Hay Road.

It seems on a map easy enough to do. Eastergate bridge about a mile from Marsden. Then another mile and a half (in a straight line) over to the rock outcrop. 150 something meter elevation change going up there. But downhill on the way back. :)

Guess my main concerns on it are:
1) If it is physically do-able, no impassible terrain.
2) As in trekking across some land I am not supposed to be on, federally protected or angry farmers. I think you have 'green land right of ways' there but I am new to that.

I'll keep researching.

Back