White Horse for Beth.

Is that the one the trio always went to? It looks really cool! :)

Yes it was until the later series,Ron Backhouse the landlord sold the pub and the new owners turned Alan Bell down for more filming,so they started to use other pubs like The Monkey Inn and more of the Butchers arms,after a while the new owner of the White Horse said they could come back and film but Alan Bell had moved on

Yes it was until the later series,Ron Backhouse the landlord sold the pub and the new owners turned Alan Bell down for more filming,so they started to use other pubs like The Monkey Inn and more of the Butchers arms,after a while the new owner of the White Horse said they could come back and film but Alan Bell had moved on

Oh ok, I didn't know they used real pubs! That's really cool! I'm glad I joined this forum, I get to learn stuff! :biggrin:

I was surprised to see the name Ron Backhouse in the credits of one of the episodes with scenes shot in the White Horse, listed as Landlord, after having read in Alan Bell's book that he owned the pub.

Marianna

I was surprised to see the name Ron Backhouse in the credits of one of the episodes with scenes shot in the White Horse, listed as Landlord, after having read in Alan Bell's book that he owned the pub.

Marianna

Landlord can mean owner or manager.

You know, no matter where you go it seems traditional to have fish on Friday. And Pie Tuesdays, is that more like Steak and Kidney or Apple?

Since Ron Backhouse was in episodes with his pub, White Horse, were there a lot of his regular customers in the episodes or were they all actors? Does anyone know?

I always think the White Horse is the most famous Summer Wine pub.

The new owners were crazy not to want filming to take place there. It would have been very good for business IMO.

I also think Alan JW was crazy not to return when he was invited back to film. The place looks so right for the show, full of memories, and so recognisable, just like the cafe and the Battys' house.

Back