Whistling....

Just got myself a shiny new whistling kettle for the hob, works perfectly except that when it's boiling, and I lift it off the hob it lets out a shriek like I'm strangling the cat! Must wake the neigbours.
I take it you have strangled a cat to know what it sounds like.!!!!!!:redface2::08:

I don't have a whistling kettle but I do have a Whistling Window Cleaner sort of a cross between Tom Good in the Good Life and the Flying Scotsman :)
I hate whistling, I've got Hyperacusis so it's painful to me. I'm such a joy to be around, people can't whistle, can't wear perfume, can't burn smell candles and can't use plug in air fresheners because I'm also allergic to certain smells. :21:

Just got myself a shiny new whistling kettle for the hob, works perfectly except that when it's boiling, and I lift it off the hob it lets out a shriek like I'm strangling the cat! Must wake the neigbours.
If its a Russian kettle then that's how they sound.

I'm a shiny tea maker
Short and stout
Here is my handle
Here is my spout
When I get all steamed up
Hear me shout
Tip me over and pour me out
:08::08::08::08::08::08::08::08:

There is a another verse to this sung by someone standing with both arms akimbo (against their waist) rather than one raised like a spout and one against their waist.
it goes like this:

Here's my handle
Here's my ...
Oh no
I've turned into a sugar bowl!!

Back