Uploading photos

Marianna

Dedicated Member
What is the maximum image size for photos posted to the web site? I've been trying to upload a photo and no matter how I resized it the system displayed the message "There was a problem uploading your file." No guidance about the nature of the problem, so I assumed that it was too big. I finally downsized it to 23.8M and it uploaded, but hate to downsize any more than absolutely necessary because of the loss of detail.

Did I miss this information somewhere on the forum?

What is the maximum image size for photos posted to the web site? I've been trying to upload a photo and no matter how I resized it the system displayed the message "There was a problem uploading your file." No guidance about the nature of the problem, so I assumed that it was too big. I finally downsized it to 23.8M and it uploaded, but hate to downsize any more than absolutely necessary because of the loss of detail.

Did I miss this information somewhere on the forum?

I cannot answer the question without speaking to Tony, I know we keep them to a small size because of server space, I am pretty sure it is under 1 Meg

I cannot answer the question without speaking to Tony, I know we keep them to a small size because of server space, I am pretty sure it is under 1 Meg

Is the limit stated in file size or in pixel dimensions? The Photoshop Elements' Image Size tool says that the version I finally uploaded is 8.58M, but it refers to mega-pixels. The file size is 6.52 MB.

Is the limit stated in file size or in pixel dimensions? The Photoshop Elements' Image Size tool says that the version I finally uploaded is 8.58M, but it refers to mega-pixels. The file size is 6.52 MB.

I know before it was less than 1 meg in file size, as I say I will speak to Tony and see what the limit is now, we have disc space limits on the server and if we go over the charge per Gigabyte is pretty high

The file upload limit is currently 1.8Mb
It would still be preferable to store larger or multiple images with offline storage (cloud) there are hundreds out there.

Back