Unforgetable Phrases

Wally,I never worry about burgalrs,by the time the police come Nora would have mauled them to death

My favorite quote from the series (this is not exact but fairly close) is from Clegg in Uncle of the Bride: "I don't like violence. I know it's fashionable among people who are trying to make a better world, but I can help thinking it might not be a bad old world if there was no violence."

A very clever remark from Cleggy "Isn't it amazing , you dabble your fingers in water and immediately its up around your elbow !" :eek: ???

Very, Happened to me yesterday soaked I was all up my arm ::)
Another one I like if I can remember it correctly is Compos definition of infinity :-
" The sky has no lid on it "
Have I got it right ??

Very, Happened to me yesterday soaked I was all up my arm ::)
Another one I like if I can remember it correctly is Compos definition of infinity :-
" The sky has no lid on it "
Have I got it right ??
Yes you do! Thatis one ofmy favorite shows "Greenfingers". Then Cleggy says something like "That is very close FOGGY"....so Foggy. wont be too critical. I love that...

Not so much a phrase but when Compo asks Clegg something along the lines of "Thou were never a great lover, were thee Norm?" Clegg gets this nice big smile on his face and says "Well, there was this Meccano set... " I may have said it incorrectly but the jist of it is the scene really shows what a great actor Peter is. The way his eyes glaze over for just that brief second, Sallis really sells it to you of him having fond memories of that particular set running through his mind.

I agree withvyou Don. Peter made you believe what he was saying with his eyes.. When Nora couldn't find Wally and she kept grabbing Cleggy's arm and Cleggy became so upset that she was touching him.It was hysterical because you could see the fear in his eyes.
;D. That happend in "Deep in the Heart ofYorkshire"

A lovely moment in the episode that has the title about some one called Ludovic I think, anyway Clegg is sitting in a car seat in the middle of the road with that wonderful world weary look of his and says :-
"A van with an ejector seat, now there's a novelty !!"

A lovely moment in the episode that has the title about some one called Ludovic I think, anyway Clegg is sitting in a car seat in the middle of the road with that wonderful world weary look of his and says :-
"A van with an ejector seat, now there's a novelty !!"
I loved that! I also loved Foggy's reaction when he realized that he was actually looking at Cleggy chasing them in Wally's motorbike
;D

Back