Thora Hird book

amos hames

Dedicated Member
I was in a Charity shop in Tunbridge Wells yesterday and I came across a book called Thora Hird my Autobiography 1971-1974
I was wondering if anyone had read this book I did not buy it. Has anyone else seen this book.

I was in a Charity shop in Tunbridge Wells yesterday and I came across a book called Thora Hird my Autobiography 1971-1974
I was wondering if anyone had read this book I did not buy it. Has anyone else seen this book.

Interesting - seems to tie in with listings on Amazon and Abe Books in only one facet - the year, 1974. 1971 to 1974 is a very short span. There is another book:
Is It Thora?: My Autobiography, Volume Two, 1975-1995: My Autobiography, Volume 2, 1975-95
That would seem to tie in with yours but then both Amazon and Abe have:
Scene and Hird: My Autobiography, Volume 1 [Paperback]

And then, there is yet another: Nothing Like a Dame: My Autobiography

May have got the dates wrong that were on the cover I was in a rush and just glanced at it but it did have 1974 on it. The cover was blue with a big pic of Thora on it

May have got the dates wrong that were on the cover I was in a rush and just glanced at it but it did have 1974 on it. The cover was blue with a big pic of Thora on it

Any thing like?

51C817QW0PL__AA160__zps7f201ea3.jpg

I have a couple of small books by Dame Thora. Thora Hird's Book of Bygones and Thora Hird's Book of Home Truths. Both nostalgic little books about how we used to live. Great fun.

Back