The X Factor

Hate it. Waste of time, why can't we have Harry Hill reruns instead. :(

Hate it too, sorry hate Harry Hill aswell :'(

What happened to showing a good film on Saturday night? We don't all go out partying, and before anyone says get Sky I have Sky its the same has having normal telly just it takes a lot longer to trawl the 700 channels to discover there is nothing on. :(

What happened to showing a good film on Saturday night? We don't all go out partying, and before anyone says get Sky I have Sky its the same has having normal telly just it takes a lot longer to trawl the 700 channels to discover there is nothing on. :(

Harry Hill great shout.I see BBC 1 have been showing films on a saturday night.ITV
have only one set of films and they are all James Bond(yawn).How about a good carry on film on mainstream tv on a saturday night or even better Last of the Summer wine re-runs

I am coming to the conclusion that I must be a very hard person to please ;D
Its come as a shock as I always thought I was easy to please, but since joining this great community I seem to to disagree with very thing everyone else likes :eek:.
I love Last Of the Summer Wine, Open All Hours, Keeping Up Appearances and one or two other programmes I think I'll just stick to them :D

Harry Hill great shout.I see BBC 1 have been showing films on a saturday night.ITV
have only one set of films and they are all James Bond(yawn).How about a good carry on film on mainstream tv on a saturday night or even better Last of the Summer wine re-runs

As I have mentioned before most of the BBC back catalogue they keep for the UK brand of channels on Sky TV as the BBC own 50% of UKTV,if they did not have those older decent shows then who would pay to watch a subscription channel, if the BBC went commercial/subscription based with their current offerings they would get no money from me or a lot of other folk I guess.

I don't have Sky and have not had it for many years,I did go through the menu on a friends box a short time ago,it has the same old shows that I used to watch when I had sky,they seem to of added so many +1 hour channels,so repeats of repeats along with the endless advert breaks,it almost seems you are paying a lot of money to watch adverts or the many many shopping channels along with a lot of TV that was on the mainstream TV some years back, a friend of mine made the mistake of recording shows to watch during the winter months,his box was about full of recordings he had made and with nothing new on he cancelled his subscription thinking he was safe for some time with his recordings to watch,how wrong he was,once sky cancelled his paid for service he could not play back his recorded shows,even though they had be recorded while he was paying for them, he complained but hidden in the contract,which you never seems to get sent as it is all on-line,it does tell you this will happen,I do not know if this has changed as this was about 8 years ago,to me it is like buying a DVD but unless you keep paying them money it will stop working

We have for the kids channels and the documentaries (See I do like something) If we only had terrestrial TV I'd go potty. I agree with you about BBC, it really is awful. All the so called reality TV is utter rubbish. There are one or two programs I like but to pay so much each year for just two programs is too much but I also agree with when you say we pay to watch adverts!! That's so true, on some of the channels I have time to go in the kitchen and wash up while the adverts are on or go into the garden and bring the washing in!!.
I always turn the sound off when they come on now too in protest, I know they don't know this but its symbolic.

We gave up on US TV several years ago.

Now my wife makes up a schedule of one (just 1)
show to watch each night. Right now it looks something
like this:

Sunday: Heartbeat
Monday: Hetty Wainthrop
Tuesday: Dad's Army
Wednesday: MASH
Thursday: The Royal:
Friday: Doctor Who
Saturday: Born and Bred

And every nite, just before bed, we have a
Single Malt and watch just one episode of SW.

They have taken great TV shows off the air, like LOTSW, Heartbeat and the Royal and still they continue to show absolute tripe like this.

A show which promotes talentless people and who in turn are judged by talentless individuals.

They have taken great TV shows off the air, like LOTSW, Heartbeat and the Royal and still they continue to show absolute tripe like this.

A show which promotes talentless people and who in turn are judged by talentless individuals.

And just to prove the point that the BBC also like to punish us,Strictly is back soon

As a fan of REAL MUSIC, by this i mean a singer or a band that writes its own material, plays live and has real talent, i hate that show. I never have watched it but my wife does and i get relegated to either the bedroom or the kitchen to do what i want. These shows are staged its all a fix and people need to know. There are preliminary auditions that go on before the TV auditions to find the decent ones but also the lunatics that make good TV. This is a tragedy, these people get through and then get slaughtered on the telly and have their lives screwed. Well done Simon Cowell etc..........

Back