The Vagaries of Aunties Shop

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
Auntie Wainwrights shop is a real mystery to me, sometimes she appears to have stock that would give Amazon a run for it's money but other times she doesn't stock requested items, however she always finds a substitute to ensure she gets the sale. For example when Marina wanted a walkie talkie she got a pair of megaphones and when Alvin wanted a flute he got a sousaphone! On the other hand when fully sized crows costumes were required she came up with 3 no problem!

I've always wondered how big her storeroom must have been, I'm guessing it would give Argos a run for it's money!?

True, and all the wet suits she had when Howard and Marina wanted a pair for disguise. But she did like to buy things in job lots at a discount. Thinking about her getting a half a dozen coffins.

The selection always appeared to be a mix of (not so upscale) antique store with consignment store style items.

I also imagined there were several off screen storage rooms in the back, filled with who knows what as she often had to rummage through stock to find "just the right item".

Today I imagine she would be a big fan of buying Amazon returns pallets and setting out on the tables whatever surprises showed up!

The selection always appeared to be a mix of (not so upscale) antique store with consignment store style items.

I also imagined there were several off screen storage rooms in the back, filled with who knows what as she often had to rummage through stock to find "just the right item".

Today I imagine she would be a big fan of buying Amazon returns pallets and setting out on the tables whatever surprises showed up!
If he shop was still open today she'd be one of those collection points for the parcel companies, imagine the merriment that you'd get from that.....

Auntie Wainwrights shop is a real mystery to me, sometimes she appears to have stock that would give Amazon a run for it's money but other times she doesn't stock requested items, however she always finds a substitute to ensure she gets the sale.

Auntie thought on her feet; when requested to produce something aeronautic, she said she had sold the last Boeing 747 that morning. To satisfy Foggy's vision of a three man sailboard, she sold him a metal cupboard.

Think of all the hats she sold that were way too large! Such phrases as "it feels like I am standing under a patio brolly", "its more hat than I know what to do with" and "it will look alright when it stops overpowering him" arose from those sales and delighted all of us. When challenged, Auntie would say that the hat was the correct size and it was not her fault that the head was the wrong size. My all time favorites of Auntie's inventory were the mad bomber hats!! They always looked perfect, no matter what!!

Back