The Price of Liquids

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
We all moan about the cost of fuel and I know we probably do not buy these types of liquids as often as we buy fuel,but it always amazes me how much some of this stuff cost per litre, and these are supposed to be discounted

1,Airwick works out £11.50p a litre

2.Tomato Ketchup £2.38p a litre

3.Aerial washing liquid £4.49p a Litre

4. Childrens SPF50 sun cream £19.99 litre

5. Multi Intensive Serum £69.80p a litre

6. Hair Gel £4.45p a litre

7. Men's Body Spray £4.95p a litre

8. Miracle Oil £65.80p a litr

9. Boots Pharmaceuticals Irritated Eyes Eye Mist £1190 per Litre

10. Nailner repair spray 8ml £2748 per Litre

I am paying £1.35. 9 per litre in Norfolk at the moment but it changes up and down every week.

Decent fragrance can easily cost in the region of £1200 or so per litre, normally in 50 ml bottles at £60 or so.

I have also noticed that the spell check here is USA English as it underlined the word 'litre' and offered the USA alternative! :( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek: ::) ::) ::)

What we have to remember is a US gallon is approx 3.78 litres and UK Gallon is approx 4.54 litres, good God I've gone metric ;)

What we have to remember is a US gallon is approx 3.78 litres and UK Gallon is approx 4.54 litres, good God I've gone metric ;)

Real anorak stuff. We might glibly think that since US pint is 16 fluid ounces and Imperial Pint (UK) is 20 fluid ounces, in both cases a gallon is 8 pints, then US gallon is 0.8 Imperial Gallons. Not true because US fluid ounce is 1.04 Imperial fluid ounce. Just thought you all might want to know that.

Real anorak stuff. We might glibly think that since US pint is 16 fluid ounces and Imperial Pint (UK) is 20 fluid ounces, in both cases a gallon is 8 pints, then US gallon is 0.8 Imperial Gallons. Not true because US fluid ounce is 1.04 Imperial fluid ounce. Just thought you all might want to know that.
I didn't know this. This is more complicated than I couldhave imagined.

Back