The Book so Far

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I do not wish to spoil it for those who have not received their book yet,I am just over half way through and there are several revelations which I am sure will will surprise most of us, it also reveals a few locations I have never been able to track down, it also gives us a insight to the issues a Director has to endure and how sometimes the twist of fate changed the direction the show went over the years and how some of the cast became members of this wonderful show, lets here your comment when you have had chance to read the book,Terry

The book has been ordered as part of my Xmas box and i am looking forward to reading it.I would be interested in any comments about the book.

Hector

The book has been ordered as part of my Xmas box and i am looking forward to reading it.I would be interested in any comments about the book.

Hector

I am also going to get for Xmas somthing good read during all the repeats of Morcombe and Wise and the Great Escape :)

Just had notification from Amazon that they can't send the book out until December 15th as they haven't been delivered by the suppliers yet.

As I could not make November 4th at Holmfirth (Sundays being my 'working' day so to speak) I too ordered from Amazon.

I have today ordered from Tomahawk Press, the publishers at £16.50 with free p & P

http://www.tomahawkpress.com/tomahawk.html

and cancelled the Amazon order which was £15 but I am not prepared to wait.

No idea how long it will take to come but must be quicker than 15th December.

I do believe the summerwine shop may have some left,they may even be signed,worth a try

Well I have completed reading it now,and I found it really informative,sorry to hear you are having problems getting the book from Amazon,Maybe do what Rod (Barmpot) has done and try the publishers direct, it is a good price and I know the UK postage is over £3 as I sent one to a friend

I did think of the summer wine shop but reasoned that the publishers was the best bet.

For anyone using PayPal with the publishers it seems to end slightly differently to my normal expectations with an offer to sign up to 2CO check out (which I declined) but I have had the confirmatory e mails so all well.

I shall have to read it at speed to catch up .... ;D ;D ;D ;D

You lot have been buying up to many books ,I have to wait till next month now,no problem though worth waiting for.

Amazon have sold out!

Maybe they did not realise what the demand might be,I hope it sells really well as it is a good read with great pictures,I would love to tell you all about it,but it would spoil it for those waiting for theirs,personally I found it one the better insights being from the Directors side,as he knew what was really happening,the problems and how they were overcome

Like someone else I have cancelled my Amazon order and gone to the publisher (who do seem to have stock).

Amazon.com says that the book is out of print. ??? I'm assuming that simply means they haven't received the books yet from the publisher because it's clearly not out of print. So, I'm still waiting for Amazon.com to get it so I don't have to pay for overseas shipping. Have already paid that on a Christy's houndstooth Flat Cap...surprise!... ;D and would like to avoid it if at all possible.

Back