The Book so Far

Wow, I lucked out based upon the new prices some places are charging. Converting dollars to pounds, I paid 14.68 pounds for the book and that includes shipping to the US. The Book Depository listed one copy for sale on Amazon.com and I snatched it up.

Wow, I lucked out based upon the new prices some places are charging. Converting dollars to pounds, I paid 14.68 pounds for the book and that includes shipping to the US. The Book Depository listed one copy for sale on Amazon.com and I snatched it up.

Interesting use of phraseology there. What do others think? Is this another case of "Two nations separated by a common language"? When someone "lucked out" I assume they were unlucky. But here the opposite is obviously the case. Maybe it is simply a matter of its being a US use of language not used in UK. Maybe we just do not say "I lucked out".

Discuss in essays not exceeding 1000 words.

I have just ordered from the summer wine shop and it came up with payment succsesful but i have not recived a confirmation e.mail or a delivery estimate.Welshy did u get any of these ???

I received my copy from the Summer Wine Shop yesterday. I wasn't certain it was going to be a signed copy, but it was. Very pleased here in California. ;D

Back