The Book so Far

barmpot

Like someone else I have cancelled my Amazon order and gone to the publisher (who do seem to have stock).
I have had an e mail to day stating that it has been despatched from the publisher, who is in Sheffield. So hopefully not too long - just not signed, win some, lose some.

dick

Received my signed copy this morning. Ordered two days ago from The Summerwine Shop ;D Start reading it later. ;)

Big Unc

I had an e mail from the Book Depositry saying they had sent my copies today.
Kicking myself - when it comes to books I really must think "Book Depository" and "Abe Books" more often. I think mine is on the way from the publisher.

barmpot

Kicking myself - when it comes to books I really must think "Book Depository" and "Abe Books" more often. I think mine is on the way from the publisher.
Agree
they are good. I have needed to buy a lot of books for studying and they are useful suppliers; but many of my sources have to come from the USA and generally, very good value for money from there. But Amazon itself can be a different matter in my experience.

barmpot

But it is really weird what has happened with Amazon!
I recall, I think it was you, Big Unc, that someone had found that Amazon did not even know the publisher. makes me wonder were they getting them through a third party which would delay matters.

Big Unc

I recall, I think it was you, Big Unc, that someone had found that Amazon did not even know the publisher. makes me wonder were they getting them through a third party which would delay matters.
Yes, I think Amazon can be good for quite a few categories of product but I must remember that on books this can dbe far from the case.

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Mr Bell is suggesting the Book Depository as the cheapest place to buy his book @ £15.00 including postage and that Amazon should have stock soon

Flat Cap

Ordered mine from the Book Depository via Amazon. Cost $23.00 with shipping. Darn good price. Should get it in about two weeks. At least that has been my experience with items being shipped from the UK.

Rhi

The copies I ordered from the book Depository are £7.35 each. Postage makes up the rest of the cost but 2 copies delivered here are costing me £20.00.

Big Unc

The copies I ordered from the book Depository are £7.35 each. Postage makes up the rest of the cost but 2 copies delivered here are costing me £20.00.
I presume you are not talking here about the Alan JW Bell book. That seems to be £14.99 from Book Depository.

Wish I'd gone to Spec Savers. As I was typing this I was twitching that copy I ordered from Publisher at £16.50 had not shown. Oh ye of little faith. Big crash as post came through letter box. There it is - £2.20 postage (included in price). I will have to be very disciplined today getting on with what I should be doing. And tomorrow I am out all day at Murrayfield for all Blacks match.

blue

Thanks for getting me a copy Terry.
I find some books hard to read but i had my dinner and sat down to read.
Guess what i have been reading for the past 4 hours non stop.
This is a must get book if your a summerwine fan.
Well done Alan.

Big Unc

If that is Alan JW Bell "From the Director's Chair" you got a real deal. Book Directory is now charging £18.99