Thank you

I am sure you are bleary eyed Tony but thank you so much for your sterling work in the early hours , well done that man .It will be very much appreciated by all of the members without doubt . You have most certainly earned your Sunday Dinner and perhaps a nice refreshment or of course you could follow the example of one of the Fairports :-

On the other hand, there's Pegg on the bass
Whose tastes in food are very much wider
You'll see a smile light up his face
At a couple of kippers and a glass of cider;)

A great piece , we wore out two copies of Full House when I was at School . It was great to see Richard Thompson included in the Whistle Test tribute on Friday night , 3 hours of memories for me . I dipped in and out of Twitter at the time, lots of comments about Richard all complimentary best being "He certainly knows his way around the Guitar cannot name anything he could not play!"

Richard certainly gave Swarb a run for his money during the on-stage riffs they so perfectly performed together.
I started following Swarb when he was duetting with Martin Carthy at "Peanuts" folk club, Liverpool Street back in the late sixties / early seventies and have been following him and his ever since.
I managed to get to more than a couple of the Fairport concerts and always wonder at their great musicianship, not only on their own recognised instruments, but on each others.
You ever been to Cropredy? that's one concert I have always wanted to attend, but alas, I think I may have left it a little too late, unless they can facilitate mobility scooters next to the stage :D

I never made it to Croperdy but avidly watch the highlights on Sky Arts when on . I recently saw a documentary about the History of the Fairports from the very beginnings right through to now on Sky Arts , it was fascinating . It may be on Catch up if you have not seen.

Back