Switching Characters

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
If you could add any other character from any other Roy Clarke series to Summer Wine who would you pick? And where would they fit in?

I'd pick Granville from Open All Hours. He could set his cap at Marina and Howard would be fuming about it. I think they'd make a great couple she could polish his shop bike and make a man of him and he'd give her the security and respectability she craves.

I think some of the supporting actors/actresses from "Open all Hours" would have fitted in very well especially some of the women. I could find out the names of them but I am sure you will know who they are.

I think some of the supporting actors/actresses from "Open all Hours" would have fitted in very well especially some of the women. I could find out the names of them but I am sure you will know who they are.

A lot of them were in both shows Maggie Ollerenshaw for one and of cause Linda Barron was Lily Bless Her, not forgetting Kathy Staff. I always thought the two characters she played had similarities. Frances Coxs was another, she played three different characters.

I think Stephanie Beacham( I mean Cole of cause... TUT) would have been good at a coffee morning.

Last edited:
How about Rose from Keeping up Appearances as the divorced neighbour of Glenda and Barry. We'd have to use the original one Shirley Stelfox and 'borrow' her from up the road in Emmerdale. Her main aim in life would be to tempt Barry away from his wife and come live with her. Barry would live in constant dread of meeting her as he came and went and Glenda's time would be taken up with trying to keep them apart.

How about Rose from Keeping up Appearances as the divorced neighbour of Glenda and Barry. We'd have to use the original one Shirley Stelfox and 'borrow' her from up the road in Emmerdale. Her main aim in life would be to tempt Barry away from his wife and come live with her. Barry would live in constant dread of meeting her as he came and went and Glenda's time would be taken up with trying to keep them apart.

You have a devious mind Steve........ I like it :12:

If you could add any other character from any other Roy Clarke series to Summer Wine who would you pick? And where would they fit in?

I'd pick Granville from Open All Hours. He could set his cap at Marina and Howard would be fuming about it. I think they'd make a great couple she could polish his shop bike and make a man of him and he'd give her the security and respectability she craves.

As long as they did not bring Mavis across or the milk lady as well. The fur would really start flying then!!:35:

A lot of them were in both shows Maggie Ollerenshaw for one and of cause Linda Barron was Lily Bless Her, not forgetting Kathy Staff. I always thought the two characters she played had similarities. Frances Coxs was another, she played three different characters.

I think Stephanie Beacham would have been good at a coffee morning.

What was Stephanie Beacham in, Pearl? I only know her from a Dynasty episode. I'd like to see Stephanie Cole come in as a holier than thou neighbor trying to teach Edie and Nora the 39 Articles as she sees them. They'd let her attend coffee mornings and as soon as she left, the fur would fly.

What about Hyacinth's father? In KUA he would sometimes go in the mode of being a soldier again and cause all kinds of problems. He also made a mess of a toy store among other problems. He could have been an extra like Eli causing problems at bars, etc.

Onslow and Daisy would fit into the show as one of Clarke's comical couples. Not that Daisy was mean or domineering like many of the Summer Wine ladies, but her being a helpless romantic and Onslow not having a romantic bone in his body would make good material for some of Summer Wine's short scenes.

Arkwright came immediately to my mind as he is a bit of an obvious one, but the Keeping Up Appearances cast seem to fit in better as extras.

Back