SUMMER WINE BOOK - CAN YOU HELP?

Wintertea

Hello everyone. Hope you are all enjoying rude health.
I have started writing a book provisionally titled Last of the Summer Wine: An Appreciation. It’s going to be an affectionate look at the series, hopefully covering some new ground, and I have begun the process of securing interviews.
I would love members to be involved and so, for starters, would like to ask if anyone has any original photos of the cast or filming? I am thinking of pix you might have taken yourself. If you have, I would be absolutely delighted and you will, of course, be credited.
If it’s ok with you all, I will almost certainly ask for a few more favours along the way!

I haven't got any original photos of the cast or filming but I know a lot about Last of the Summer Wine. I know who the first third man was, I know when the first ever episode and last episode was and when the characters either left or died. I also know how many episodes there were altogether, how many years it went on for and how many series there were altogether!

Thank you. I will fire some questions at you as writing progresses. I really appreciate your response and will definitely come back to you.

I am pretty sure nearly all of us can supply you with the information that Louise can offer so you shouldn`t have any trouble in getting what you want. Whatever question you have however vague I know someone will have the answer.
You will find lots of information from two books. Last of The Summer Wine by Andrew Vine and Last of the Summer Wine from the Directors Chair by Alan J. W. Bell

Hello. I cannot find a way of replying to individual messages. Am I missing something obvious?
So...
maltrab - I would love to use some of your photos. Would it be best if you sent me a personal message?
Inky Batty- That is such a nice, and encouraging, comment. Thank you.
happyjack - I will most certainly turn to the wonderful members of this site for help. Good to know that I’ll be in safe hands.

Hello. I cannot find a way of replying to individual messages. Am I missing something obvious?
So...
maltrab - I would love to use some of your photos. Would it be best if you sent me a personal message?
Inky Batty- That is such a nice, and encouraging, comment. Thank you.
happyjack - I will most certainly turn to the wonderful members of this site for help. Good to know that I’ll be in safe hands.

You should have a Quote button bottom right of each post, that will reply to individual post

Has anyone taken a great location shot that would be suitable for the book? Maybe in Holmfirth, or of any of the locations used during the series? If you have one or some and are happy for your photo to be in the book - credited, of course - could you let me take a look?
Thank you!

Good afternoon everyone. Work is progressing on the book, and I would like to ask you for your opinions. Today: Cyril Blamire. I want to know how the character is viewed by fans of the series. Did you find him funny? Irritating? For me, he was a lesser version of Foggy... many similarities, but just not as entertaining. You might well disagree! And what of Michael Bates? Right man for the part? If you are happy to be quoted and named in the book, please let me know. Otherwise I will assume that your comments are anonymous.
Thank you.

I actually loved the earlier series with Blamire in it - the balance between Clegg, Compo and Blamire worked because Clegg's character seemed more assertive but when Foggy came on the scene, he just seemed to boss the other two about.
I think Michael Bates was right for the part because he was a Major in the army so that's probably why Roy Clarke wanted him to play the third man.
I hope that makes sense!

Back