Still Open All Hours Series 3

wstol

Dedicated Member
Rumour has it there will be a new series of Still Open All Hours, with the usual Christmas episode.

If this is true, I suspect location filming will start any day.

What's your opinion on having another series of this?

Though I enjoyed some of the newer episodes, I suspect the latest series won't have anything new to offer.

Still, I'm sure it will be better than most other programmes we have to endure, and I will certainly watch it.

I would like to see another series of this. The more I watch it the more I like it. I think another member on here mentioned there was a strong possibility of another series some months ago. Can't remember who at the moment.

Some say that the show is not the same without Ronnie Barker and that Roy Clarke repeats some themes. I can not argue against these. Arkwright is mentioned fondly frequently along with his tricks of the trade plus the photo of him in the kitchen. I feel that it almost gives the impression of his character's presence still being around but unseen.

I look at both series as getting two enjoyable shows for the price of one. The original I focused more on Arkwright. I've recently been able to watch some of the Two Ronnies, Porridge, Clarence, Magnificent Evens, etc. The man is talented.

With the Still Open series I have understandably noticed more the skills of David Jason. Tried several times to watch Fools and Horses but just could not get into it. I have yet to watch many things with David in them. I also discovered he did voice over for Count Duckula.

In my eyes we see the circle completing with the remake. A young, carefree Granville who resisted the ways of his uncle Arkwright. Has now taken over those ways of trying to extract every penny possible from those passing by the shop and money making schemes as he has gotten older. While a young Leroy steps into the shoes of young Granville to start the cycle anew.

Cheers,
Rick

I am not a real fan, like the remakes recently I think it was best left alone . We should get early warning if they start filming, one of the members lives near Doncaster where they film and reported on the Forum when they started to convert the shop.

Didn't know she was in Eastenders.

If I was making Eastenders, I would agree to release her from Eastenders contract, saying; Eastenders is a load of rubbish, and we make it up as we go along - please feel free to make SOAH, and come back when you're ready, because our storyline is all over the place anyway.

But I don't think the actual producer of Eastenders has said anything like that.

Accepting it is not the same, I think the way Granville has become Arkwright is very typical.

It should worry all the younger ones here: I know my son is aghast that he in his twenties looks exactly as I did in my twenties. He is very aware of what he will become in 40 years time (I was 40 when he was born).

From personal experience I thought you became Victor Meldrew when you reach a certain age, I mentioned this to a friend he simply did not believe it!

David Jason is very talented - My favourite series of his was "Porterhouse Blue" where he played Scullion, not least because of the other great actors - That series is not often mentioned these days. I always thought it was a shame the series ended with Scullion's death, effectively preventing any sequels from happening. I reckon it could have supported at least a 2nd series.

David Jason is very talented - My favourite series of his was "Porterhouse Blue" where he played Scullion, not least because of the other great actors - That series is not often mentioned these days. I always thought it was a shame the series ended with Scullion's death, effectively preventing any sequels from happening. I reckon it could have supported at least a 2nd series.

Never saw the TV programme but read the book!!

They have been filming all this week and will be there next week for pm filming

Hello Terry

Do you know if they have completed filming Still Open All Hours yet and if so is the shop now back to being a hairdressers [ I think that's what the shop really is but could be wrong]

This show is okay but I feel it has to many pauses and the comedy is weak but the original seemed to be slicker also I think the cast seem to be slower.as you can tell I am with Pearl on this one.

Back