St Johns Church, Upperthong

Liana Lloyd

Hi all,

Second visit to the church where our loveable rogue is resting and his partner in crime - nice to see more tributes added although I’m going to put something a bit more unique when I go next that people
are maybe missing and won’t think about

Attachments

• EF175C0B-129E-43E9-94A6-F39329182AD2.jpeg
    EF175C0B-129E-43E9-94A6-F39329182AD2.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 11
A sticky bun like Ivy's or a wrinkled stocking, perhaps? A matchbox (with or without scary thing inside)?

Out of curiousity, are people leaving anything on Clegg's spot... a Wallace and Gromit character or something?

I thought someone visited and photographed Clegg's grave a short while ago and there were Wallace and Grommit figures on the grave stone. Just screenshot from one of the famous grave tours on you tube and they're they are .

Screenshot (67).png

He is indeed there were all sorts of threads when he passed , it was a such a surprise to so many when we discovered that he had requested to be buried beside his dear friend , that was followed by a flurry of concerns that there was no headstone for some considerable time just a temporary wooden cross until eventually one with due reverence was put in situ.

Back