Sport relief.

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Did anyone see the special Only Fools and Horses sketch on Sport Relief and what did you think of it. I think I only laughed once which was disappointing.

I spotted it online,as you say it was not that funny,I kept waiting for it to get better but it did not,not sure who wrote the script

I thought it was very funny to be honest. Beckham's reprise of Dell's 'fall through the bar' moment was very good.

I agree with John I thought it was very good, personally I think it shows that as long as someone who knows the passion of the show it can still work without the original writer

Only one really funny bit - the David Beckham topple sideways. Interestingly, the only one whose acting impressed me was David Beckham.

Adequate for what it was, a sketch during a massive relief of poverty fund-raising marathon.

Severely doubt that whoever wrote it could sustain a thirty minute episode. Added to my conviction that the only one who can write Last of the Summer Wine is Roy Clarke. You can replace actors, you can replace directors but you cannot replace the writer in a classic TV series.

It was Jim and Dan Sullivan the sons of John Sullivan who wrote the sketch.

I thought it was ok as far as it goes as it was only 10 minutes or so long and was never going to be a barrel of laughs given the time limit.

The Beckham fall at the end was well done and unexpected. That alone made it worthwhile as I doubt anyone was expecting them to repeat the classic DelBoy fall.

I also thought that David Jason looked very much at home bringing Del Boy back, totally different from his nervous performance as Granville in Still Open All Hours, perhaps because this was on film and not in front of a live audience.

No plans for a series.

Jim Sullivan - "It really is just a one-off sketch. We very much appreciate the passionate and loyal fanbase that the show has, and in a perfect world there would be more episodes, but there was only ever one writer of Only Fools and Horses, and without him, there can be no more."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news...nd-horses-wont-come-back-for-full-series.html

I also thought that David Jason looked very much at home bringing Del Boy back, totally different from his nervous performance as Granville in Still Open All Hours, perhaps because this was on film and not in front of a live audience.

Interesting. In contrast I felt David Jason was just doing a cameo performance of himself and was far inferior to his recent 'Granville', who, let's face it, is inherently a very nervous character. I thought Sir David carried that off superbly. However, all recent appearances by Sir David have been lacking in the authority he gave to his Inspector Frost role.

Back