Something I always wondered about

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Can anyone tell me the answer ??
When the trio are going up the drive to Seymours house and he tells Compo to see if there is any post. Compo doesn't find any post but he comes out with a hens egg which Seymour lets him put back in the post box. Before they continue up the drive Seymour go's back for the egg and puts it in his pocket.

What I've always wondered but never thought to ask before ,is...........How does the hen get into the post box to lay the egg in the first place ?? The box is on a pole and has a door/flap!:confused::08:

It's a little piece of nonsense to make us smile.
We don't need to know how the egg got there........ it's make-believe, remember.

It's a little piece of nonsense to make us smile.
We don't need to know how the egg got there........ it's make-believe, remember.

If you had taken notice of a lot of my previous posts ,you would have noted that most of them have some element of "a stone in the pond to see what sort of a splash it makes." In other words they are mostly tongue in cheek !:eyesroll::20:

Good question, Dick. I had wondered that too when I saw it. Do you remember what happened to the egg in Seymour's pocket? I'm thinking it probably got smushed somehow.

Back