Site Improvements

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
We have all noticed how the site/forum has slowed up in the last couple of months,this problem has been traced to the hosting company cramming more and more users onto the servers.

Over the last few weeks Tony has been busy looking at all the options and this morning I got a peek at the solution Tony has come up with and the difference is amazing,so the plan in stages are

1,By Mid July move to new servers with better bandwidth,powerful processors and more memory

2. In August update the forum software to a later version,which will also be faster and cleaner in the way it processes the data

All this will have a minimum disruption to our members and we will keep you informed when changes are being made

Terry

Thankyou Terry and Tony. Will it be possible to circumvent some of the problems that accompanied the last move?? :)

Thankyou Terry and Tony. Will it be possible to circumvent some of the problems that accompanied the last move?? :)

I think disruption to members will be minimal,the themes may need to be tweaked,but other than that all being well and with a fair wind behind etc etc

Because I will be doing a simple transfer/restore there will be none of the problems like last time. In fact apart from about 15/20 minutes downtime you should notice no difference other than a speed increase.

You boys fiddle about as much as you need too,we old dinosaurs will pick it up along the way :16:

We may moan a bit but we do appreciate your work :D

You boys fiddle about as much as you need too,we old dinosaurs will pick it up along the way :16:

We may moan a bit but we do appreciate your work :D

We do appreciate all the 'behind the scenes' stuff but it had become sluggish:13::13: of late. :mad::30::unhappy::mad::confused:

Tony has been busy finding us a new hosting server and the test so far seem a vast improvement as we have all noticed how slow the site has become and it seems to be getting worse,the Plan (Yes the Plan) is to move the whole site/forum to the new hosting on the 1st of July, and except for a short downtime early in the morning,there will be no major effects on our members

Once we are happy we will then look at the later forum software,once this is done,Tony may start to grow some hair back

I dont whether its me but I have no problems with site as it is.:):)

Happyjack at certain times of the days it slows to a crawl,I suspect many of the members have noticed this,maybe you are just lucky and I will move into next door to you

Back