"Sir" Spike Milligan

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
Sadly Spike missed out on a knighthood after his famous put down of Prince Charles at the Comedy Awards with his " snivelling b@@@$$£2" remark . Apparently he sent Prince Charles a telegram the day after to enquire if that put an end to his chance of a knighthood and Prince Charles replied by saying something like you'll just have to join the back of the queue with the rest.

So Spike missed out but fans of Spike on the Forum don't have to because Auntie has managed to find the whole series of Q1 to 3 and have released them on DVD as a boxed set . If anyone is interested its currently available on Amazon for £14.99 .

Sadly Spike missed out on a knighthood after his famous put down of Prince Charles at the Comedy Awards with his " snivelling b@@@$$£2" remark . Apparently he sent Prince Charles a telegram the day after to enquire if that put an end to his chance of a knighthood and Prince Charles replied by saying something like you'll just have to join the back of the queue with the rest.

So Spike missed out but fans of Spike on the Forum don't have to because Auntie has managed to find the whole series of Q1 to 3 and have released them on DVD as a boxed set . If anyone is interested its currently available on Amazon for £14.99 .
Thankee thankee zurr:37:

All ,

I have just read the reviews and someone who bought it has revealed that the DVD marketeers have misprinted the label its not series 1 -3 at all its actually the only 3 episodes of Q5 that survived, episodes 2, 3 & 4, all of Q6 (six episodes) and Q7 (seven episodes) . It has no effect on my decision to buy but I wanted to ensure that any potential purchasers had the full facts .

All ,

I have just read the reviews and someone who bought it has revealed that the DVD marketeers have misprinted the label its not series 1 -3 at all its actually the only 3 episodes of Q5 that survived, episodes 2, 3 & 4, all of Q6 (six episodes) and Q7 (seven episodes) . It has no effect on my decision to buy but I wanted to ensure that any potential purchasers had the full facts .
If you are right mate I shall have to cancel the "series 4 &5"that I've pre ordered .

Dick you are correct. To clarify for all

Q1 -3 on the DVD box = Q series 5[part] , 6 and 7 [all episodes]

Q4-5 on the DVD box - Q series 8 and 9 [all episodes] which as Dick says is on pre-order no date for release given at the moment

Hope that helps

Can someone please clarify these Q numbers?

What is Q?

As in , ... What is the DVD?

Anything to do with The Goon Show???

Chuck, ..........Q was an arbitrary title for Spike Milligan to do a "sketch" show as only he could. It was a series of little sketches each one different. Done in his own Anarchic style. It has nothing to do with the Goon Show other than it is Spike doing his own thing. The BBC has cobbled together various of the Q series but the numbers they are issuing bear little relation to the original release dates of the programmes.

Chuck, ..........Q was an arbitrary title for Spike Milligan to do a "sketch" show as only he could. It was a series of little sketches each one different. Done in his own Anarchic style. It has nothing to do with the Goon Show other than it is Spike doing his own thing. The BBC has cobbled together various of the Q series but the numbers they are issuing bear little relation to the original release dates of the programmes.
Totally typical BBC ....

In Spike style when they convened the Product meeting to discuss what to issue they probably sat there saying " What are we going to do now , what are we going to do now ?" :)

Back