Shetland.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
I was meaning to watch this for ages but kept forgetting so I started watching series 4 and after the first episode decided I liked it so much I wanted to see series 123, I bought the box set from Amazon and watched them during series 4, which was a bit confusing but still, that's me all over. However! It's brilliant so if you get a chance do watch it. Series 4 starts on Brit Box on April 14th if that's any help to you BUT do try and watch it from series 1 has there is a bit of a back story going on.

I have watched them all and they are very good, a good show tucked quietly in the listings and easily missed

I know you'd easerly miss it. I love Tosh, she's a great actress. Douglas Henshall isn't brilliant but he's blonde so easy to look at :12::12::12:

And now you got me going! I seem to have downloaded and
saved pretty much all of the Shetland series but not watched
all that many. Right now copying them all to an external hard
drive and will start watching tonight (one hopes).

I agree, it is a brilliant series, I have been watching it since it started and as Pearl says there IS a complicated backstory that matures with every episode.... you definitely need to see series 3 to understand some of the nuances especially related to "Tosh" in Series 4, but that said, you CAN just treat every series as a 1-off if you want, but you miss a lot of the cast's interactions

It isn't a whizz-bang shoot-em-up type show, it is actually very slow but NOT boring, there is always something happening and you do need to pay attention as plot twists and surprises catch you out. Not your typical cop show.

I certainly didn't see the offender(s) coming in this latest series...well I sort of saw one but got the victim wrong.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the ultimate outcome of the prime suspect, it seemed a bit of a cop-out to me, which is something the show is not known for, but it did tie up the whole complicated situation.............................................Watch it to understand! :08:

WARNING........as the name suggests, the show is set in the Shetland Islands, Scotland. As such there are a lot of Scottish accents heard and you may need to acclimatize and "adjust" your hearing accordingly to understand everything.

Having said that however, it shouldn't be too difficult, in general it is not as thick as deep Glaswegian, for example. I think the producers have softened it a bit so international viewers CAN understand what is being said.

The Tosh story line was horrific to me ( won't say anything more but not sure how I feel about the ending of that subject, I do understand it completely but......) and yes I didn't see that coming either and totally agree about the cop out. I was wondering how he'd fit in at the end. I did see the outcome from about episode 3/4 but not the reason why so that though me a bit. I'm really looking forward to series 5, I think it has a lot of life in it yet.

Back