Seymours House.

Pete.

Dedicated Member
The more I watch episodes of the Seymour era,like The really masculine purse,and Who's feeling ejected then,the more it becomes my favourite era,and Seymour my favourite "Third man",if not overall character,he was such a gentle eccentric,
Thinking of an earlier thread,I usually just smile through the episodes,but the Seymour period has moments that make me laugh aloud,like looking for the valve on the inflatable back support in The ice cream man cometh,and the noises from it as they sat crammed in the back of Barry and Glendas car,and there was Crusher,and Wally,I think it was a special time in the shows history.
I found the thread on Seymours house very interesting,and often drive past it on my way to walks,it is a private property and you can't see it from the road,it is set back beyond a long driveway.
The really lovely and kind owners today allowed me to visit,and see Seymours house,Alan Bell has also visited,and here are some photo's of it taken today,
All the other photo's were taken today as well,and are all in the area around the house,there are photo's of the house,which has been lovingly renovated and kept its wonderful character,and the pond,and the driveway that we have seen our trio walk down many times,
I am so pleased that the "Utterthwaite Postal University",a building that we all love,has such a lovely family looking after it,
So here is the UPU and surrounding area,or as Compo would say " UP U "
Pete x

Attachments

• Seymours 008.jpg
    Seymours 008.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Seymours 013.jpg
    Seymours 013.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Seymours 015.jpg
    Seymours 015.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Seymours 016.jpg
    Seymours 016.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Seymours 017.jpg
    Seymours 017.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Seymours 018.jpg
    Seymours 018.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 59
  • Seymours 009.jpg
    Seymours 009.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Seymours 014.jpg
    Seymours 014.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Seymours 010.jpg
    Seymours 010.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Seymours 011.jpg
    Seymours 011.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Seymours 019.jpg
    Seymours 019.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Seymours 007.jpg
    Seymours 007.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 66
Thanks Pearl,I took about half a dozen more photo's of the beautiful area around the house,but the site would only let me upload twelve,I didn't know that when I started,the owner and family are really lovely,and say the house is lit up beautifully at Christmas,they have invited me back to take some photo's,I will post them when I do,
Pete x

Thanks for pictures Pete. I love Seymours house. My favorite. Yes, Seymour though not getting the best reviews as the third man , he was a nice change bring in inventions to the show with the Seymour character.:D

Oh, wonderful ! Thank you. "What do you think, backward boy?" Come along! I won't have you this late without a note from your parents." Beside Small Tune . . . his Christmas episodes were the best.

Great pictures.....have the new owners ( who obviously have extended the house greatly ) also moved the pond from the front of the house ? I was looking on Google maps and the pond now seems to be around the side.

Back