Seymour

Maggie Jones

Dedicated Member
Can anyone tell me please how many series/years was the character of Seymour in the series?

I'm currently watching the episode 'Return of the warrior' where Seymour leaves and it seems no time since Gold showed his first episode.

Seems like Seymour starts in Uncle of the Bride (episode 61)
and vanishes in Return of the Warrior (episode 91) when
Foggy comes back.

Thanks for your replies. Do you know over what period of time that would been in terms of years? It seemed such a short time but then I was watching 2 episodes at least a day on the Gold channel.

Seasons / series 9 thru 12 if I recall correctly. Book-ended by the years Foggy was on.

Was not too fond of Seymour at first but quickly grew to like him. I truly enjoy the episodes where he invents some strange contraption and gets Compo to 'test' it. One of the great things I enjoy about Wesley is his creative inventions.

Off camera, he managed to improve the mood of certain cast members. He had to suddenly leave the show due to the declining health of his wife.

Thanks all for letting me know. I agree Marianna that it wasn't long enough. As RickAns said his character grew on you. And it was believable that he was Edie's brother. She was ever so proud of 'our Seymour'!

Seasons / series 9 thru 12 if I recall correctly. Book-ended by the years Foggy was on.

As broadcast it was Series 9-11 plus specials. Series 9 had 12 episodes so the DVD release was split and called 9 & 10.

Seymour took some time to really get established but I thought they had him nicely established by Series 11. It's sad that Michael Aldridge had to leave the show at that point and never did manage any of the planned regular returns as he died just a few years later.

As broadcast it was Series 9-11 plus specials. Series 9 had 12 episodes so the DVD release was split and called 9 & 10.

Seymour took some time to really get established but I thought they had him nicely established by Series 11. It's sad that Michael Aldridge had to leave the show at that point and never did manage any of the planned regular returns as he died just a few years later.

Yes he did fit in well with the other two amigos. It must take time to 'bed in' a completely new character and sad that he wasn't able to return for specials as I'm sure that would have made for good viewing.

By the way I was wondering (and assuming) they did keep props/items from the series - does anyone know what happened to Edie's soft top car? It was such an important part of so many episodes - and so many funny incidents.

Yes he did fit in well with the other two amigos. It must take time to 'bed in' a completely new character and sad that he wasn't able to return for specials as I'm sure that would have made for good viewing.

By the way I was wondering (and assuming) they did keep props/items from the series - does anyone know what happened to Edie's soft top car? It was such an important part of so many episodes - and so many funny incidents.
The only item that I know was Marina's bike. Jean Fergusson kept that and eventually put it up for auction. I''m sure that if the cast or crew member had a fondness for a certain prop that it is probably still in their basement or garage or passed down to a son or daughter. Who knows, the prop might pop on Antique's Roadshow a few years from now.

Back