Seymour in his other life

chris

Dedicated Member
Watched an episode of Yes Prime Minister today an guess who appeared as a senior civil servant advisor? It was somebody who we last saw heading away to a new school near Holmfirth ,it was Seymour.He was his usual urbane self relaxing in a comfortable armchair and handing out advice the same way he conned Wesley and the boys on the show it showed how good an actor he was.

Watched an episode of Yes Prime Minister today an guess who appeared as a senior civil servant advisor? It was somebody who we last saw heading away to a new school near Holmfirth ,it was Seymour.He was his usual urbane self relaxing in a comfortable armchair and handing out advice the same way he conned Wesley and the boys on the show it showed how good an actor he was.

"The head of MI5, Sir Geoffrey Hastings, is played by Michael Aldridge, who a few years before played the head of the Circus (a fictional version of MI6) in the dramatisation of John le Carré’s Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy."

Didnt the JACK HARRY character play his servant also??

Yes Bert Parnaby was in the same episode of Morse as Michael Aldridge, ironic that a few months later they would be appearing together in summer wine

I remember Michael Aldridge as the prior in Clockwise with John Cleese. This was made around the same time as Uncle of the Bride.

Which reminds me, anyone remember Laughterhouse aka Singleton's Pluck, featuring Bill Owen? Again, made around the same time.

I remember Michael Aldridge as the prior in Clockwise with John Cleese. This was made around the same time as Uncle of the Bride.

Which reminds me, anyone remember Laughterhouse aka Singleton's Pluck, featuring Bill Owen? Again, made around the same time.

No tell us more please.

Re; Laughterhouse aka Singleton's Pluck.

Haven't seen this for about 25 years, so details are vague. It starred Ian Holm, Penelope Wilton, Bill Owen, Stephen Moore and Rosemary Martin. Bill Owen played the old man.

I think Brian Glover co-wrote it. It was a Channel 4 film, made around 1984 or 1985.

It was about a farmer walking his geese to market miles away.

I see it's on DVD on e-bay for a few pounds...

Re; Michael Aldridge.

Wasn't he in Charters and Caldicott?

Haven't seen this for about 25 years, so details are vague. It starred Ian Holm, Penelope Wilton, Bill Owen, Stephen Moore and Rosemary Martin. Bill Owen played the old man.

I think Brian Glover co-wrote it. It was a Channel 4 film, made around 1984 or 1985.

It was about a farmer walking his geese to market miles away.

I see it's on DVD on e-bay for a few pounds...

IMDb agaain: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087602/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It is available from Amazon at £4: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laughterhou...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1360834300&sr=1-1

And of course Rosemary Martin played Mrs partridge and Brian Glover was Oggie Butterclough

i know that film, its a favourite of mine, partly due to the school used for the first 15 minutes or so was my old high school which isnt very far from me, albeit it was at least 15 years before i went there, but i still look at it occasionally and think ooh thats B Block for maths or thats the sports hall etc

i know that film, its a favourite of mine, partly due to the school used for the first 15 minutes or so was my old high school which isnt very far from me, albeit it was at least 15 years before i went there, but i still look at it occasionally and think ooh thats B Block for maths or thats the sports hall etc

Clockwise is a great film the scene where he gets the wrong train is a classic. Not seen this for a while I might have to see if I can get the DVD somewhere.

I love the film Clockwise. A lot of it was filmed in and around Much Wenlock, which is just down the road from me. I like the scene at the station (with John Bardon), and the classic "left/right" mix up!

Copies of Clockwise came free with a weekend paper about 4 years ago. Also Michael was in the Madonna bomb Shanghai Surprise. He must have done that for the cash

Back