Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

D

DAJ36

Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

I recently looked at any updates on the Amazon website for LOTSW DVD's and it has mention of series 25 & 26 with a temporary photograph (albeit it includes Foggy, who obviously wasn't in the series at this point).

It says that customers can request to be notified when release dates are available. Although it is an encouraging sign to see any mention of new LOTSW DVD'S, it probably wont be out until March or April, Unfortunately.

Re: Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

I recently looked at any updates on the Amazon website for LOTSW DVD's and it has mention of series 25 & 26 with a temporary photograph (albeit it includes Foggy, who obviously wasn't in the series at this point).

It says that customers can request to be notified when release dates are available. Although it is an encouraging sign to see any mention of new LOTSW DVD'S, it probably wont be out until March or April, Unfortunately.

That has been there for months now.

Note there is still no movement on this DVD. Will it ever show? Maybe a significant number of folk have to show interest through Amazon before it will be produced. Maybe someone other than Universal needs to take it on?

I preordered it. Hope that helps production along a bit

Not presumably from Amazon. There all one can do is request an email when it becomes available.

Whoops, sorry you are right.

Based on email received from Amazon this morning looks like they are trying to clear their stock of earlier series DVDs.

Does seem a long time since last box set.Mabye your right Unc some other company took them on we would get them more often.

Not presumably from Amazon. There all one can do is request an email when it becomes available.

Whoops, sorry you are right.

Based on email received from Amazon this morning looks like they are trying to clear their stock of earlier series DVDs.

Does seem a long time since last box set.Mabye your right Unc some other company took them on we would get them more often.

You will find that once UK gold have flogged the more recent episodes to death for a year or so,they will be released on DVD,same reason they are not repeated on the BBC,as they gave them to UK Gold

Still no sign. Are we going to be relegated to that outfit which produces DVDs long after the event? Is it Network DVD?

I see from email Amazon are pushing the older DVD sets again. I still reckon there is stock to be cleared before the retailers want to see a new DVD on the market.

i see amazon also have 27 & 28 on the site, although its like 25 & 26 and just being able to sign up to be notified at the moment, i just hope this shows the dvds are planned seeing its over a year now since the last release

Someone had said once there was a way to record the videos from YouTube. I tried a site called Orbit (?) but I couldn't get it to work. Does anyone know of another way? Thanks for any help.

Someone had said once there was a way to record the videos from YouTube. I tried a site called Orbit (?) but I couldn't get it to work. Does anyone know of another way? Thanks for any help.

I use a download manager called iLivid: http://www.ilivid.com/

Seems to work (or did the last time I used it).

Thanks a lot guys, I'll give them a try. I still think the mail tree idea was a good one.

If you use the Firefox browser, you can go to the add-on setting and there is a searchbox for add-ons extensions. Browse for Flash video downloader- youtube downloader .

When you install that in your browser, it will create a download button under the youtube video box and also next to the address bar up top of the browser. It will give you the options to download video in different qualities and formats depending on the original upload.
I've used it to capture a lot of older documentaries and Disney cartoons on youtube. I use the free program Windows media player classic to play the videos. You can also use VLC.

I have Firefox browser installed JUST for that as I use Google chrome for regular browsing. I believe Google has an extension too but I'm happy with the Firefox one

I open two browser windows.

In one browser window, I go to www.youtube.com and search and
find the video I want to see. Then using the mouse, I copy the URL
of the video, like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=867IQm7QpxM

get The heavily reinforced bottom.

In the other browser window I go to www.keepvid.com. I paste the
youtube url into keepvid and click the dark gray download
button to the right of the pasted url.

At this point DO NOT CLICK any of the big Download buttons!!

Instead, in the list of download types in the lower left of the
screen, select a file type. I usually select the MP4 type. Then I tell
it where to download the MP4 file. Works for me.

don't want to inject a sour note but we've been waiting for these boxsets for,,,,,,,,how long now? I'm not convinced anymore that they're gonna happen, so thanks for the download advice guys :)

don't want to inject a sour note but we've been waiting for these boxsets for,,,,,,,,how long now? I'm not convinced anymore that they're gonna happen, so thanks for the download advice guys :)

I think you could be right. Been too long between sets. But hope springs eternal we will have to wait and see.

Back