Seeing Double.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
How many actor/actresses played more that one role in Summer Wine?

I'll get the ball rolling.

John Rutland played Fred in Going To Gordon's Wedding and Chuffer Enwright in Whoops.

Trevor Bannister ...........played the tailor in Who's Got Rhythm ?? and Toby The Golf Captain in more episodes .

Jacqueline Clark..........CAB Lady in Destiny and 6 Bananas and......... Sal in An Apple A Day!

Paula Tilbrook the barmaid in The Man From Oswestry and Chuffers wife in Whoops.

Francis Cox played Annie in Flower Power and one of the outing women in The Suit That Turned Left.

Johnny Leeze ..........Sams brother Colin in "Getting Sam Home"" and Meter reader in " Why Do's Norman Clegg buy Ladies Elastic Stockings??"

John Jardine (very busy ::) )

He was the launderette customer with Foggy in.....Wheelies.
A window shopper at Aunties in...... Aladdin gets on your Wick!
Billy Chislehurst in........Brushes at Dawn.
Billy Pillsworth in..........After thoughts of a Co-op Manager.

June Whitfield played Mrs. Potts in "Potts in Pole Position" and later came back to be regular Nellie in series.

Teddy Turner played Edgar in A Small Tune On A Penny Wassail and the postman in A Merry Heat wave.

Not forgetting ......Maggie Ollerenshaw .....Ethel in The Love Mobile and All That Glitters is not Elvis

The woman in the boat ............The Flag And Further Snags. ;D

Not forgetting ......Maggie Ollerenshaw .....Ethel in The Love Mobile and All That Glitters is not Elvis

The woman in the boat ............The Flag And Further Snags. ;D

Cleggs mam in First Of The Summer Wine too. :42:

Seeing double

Tommy Cannon was the Canal enthusiast to really embellish the gag when Lennie [Bobby Ball ] gets dragged along the canal in the Swan Man of Ilkley he then played "our Cliff" to Lennie/Florrie in Get out of that then .

Christine Cox played Cousin Olive in Getting Same Home and a TV producer in The Last Surviving Maurice Chevalier Impressionist.

( She's down as being a producer but actually she played the receptionist.)

Last edited:
Seeing Double

Hopefully in the spirit of the post Christopher Beeny as Herman Teesdale and Morton Beamish although strictly it was a re-invention and name change after his wife left him .

If others stars had to do that in real life then Mickey Rooney would have probably struggled for a new name given he was married 8 times I believe .

Seeing Double

Please accept my sincere apologies but my final punt at this is quite obscure as I am sure that this "actor" has been in in countless episodes but only gained a credit for one episode. I give you Percival the Pigeon who has, I am sure , flown past in many scenes in many shows but his most challenging role and one he is credited for was when he had to play the whole episode in drag and learn some French [pigeon of course] for the role of Gladys in Last Post and Pigeon.

Please accept my sincere apologies but my final punt at this is quite obscure as I am sure that this "actor" has been in in countless episodes but only gained a credit for one episode. I give you Percival the Pigeon who has, I am sure , flown past in many scenes in many shows but his most challenging role and one he is credited for was when he had to play the whole episode in drag and learn some French [pigeon of course] for the role of Gladys in Last Post and Pigeon.

I'm going to be looking out for Percival now :42:

What about Tom Owen..........He played a bank customer in Situations Vacant ...... and himself in several dozen other episodes!!:39:

Seeing Double

It may have been a stunt double , Perce did most of his own stunts himself but for the more dangerous scenes the insurance company insisted that double was used and it doesn't get any more dangerous than incurring the wrath of Nora, a fearsome sight.

Back