See ya Compo

Beth

Dedicated Member
I found on UTube part 6 of the 30th anniversary of LOTSW whch includ a tribute to Compo. It was very hard to watch but I was so touched by people holding letters I'm such a fashion that it spelled out "See ya Compo. Who were the people holding up the letters?

Actually, those people were wearing white overalls and used their bodies to spell out "See Ya Compo".

Actually, those people were wearing white overalls and used their bodies to spell out "See Ya Compo".
Oh I see. Do you know who they were? I loved watching it but I don't know if I can watch it again. Watching Peter choke up was too much. :-*

I don't know,, I'm assuming they were local friends and townfolk that Truly rounded up to pay respects to Compo because he saw how much it was hurting Clegg.

It is all in "Elegy for Fallen Wellies" how truly aquires a crate full of white overalls and organises a crowd to mount the "See Ya Compo" montage on the hill side.

I was informed by someone who watched the filming of this scene that they brought in local schoolchildren to wear the overalls that spelt the wording

I still can't watch the trio of episodes regarding Compo's passing without feeling this huge twinge of sadness in my heart. I've only seen them once, and that was enough for me. To say Compo was such an iconic and pivotal character in LOTSW would be the understatement of the year. The post-Compo years were OK, but without him there, it just wasn't the same.

I cry like a baby when I watch that! It was very well done.
I am very sensitive as well. I cry like that to. That is why I stick to comedy. I can't even watch Bambi (the part when his mom dies) without crying.
:-X
I'm a bit sensitive... :D

I've only seen this episode once and really don't think I could handle it again. So incredibly sad. I've never seen his funeral and probably won't.

One of the last dvds I received for my birthday was from 1998 and that is as far as I will go. Some have said that there are really good episodes after Compo's death, but I don't think I would be able to get past the fact that he is gone.

Nancy

I've only seen this episode once and really don't think I could handle it again. So incredibly sad. I've never seen his funeral and probably won't.

One of the last dvds I received for my birthday was from 1998 and that is as far as I will go. Some have said that there are really good episodes after Compo's death, but I don't think I would be able to get past the fact that he is gone.

Nancy
I'm with you. There are some decent episodes after Compo passed away, but it's a stretch to say really good. I can live without them. For closure everyone should watch the Fallen Wellies episode and Throstlenest . . . I'm confused now . . were there three episodes surrounding his death? or 2?

Others know than me. I just saw the episodes on the 30th anniversary but I believe I told there was 2. One called a "Just a Small Funeral" not sure of title and the other "See Ya Compo". ??? ....not positive..

There were three episodes for Compos death,
ELEGY FOR FALLEN WELLIES when he actually died.
SURPRISE AT THROSTLENEST when they tried to follow his wishes regarding his ferrets.

JUST A SMALL FUNERAL his actual funeral and the SEE YA COMPO scene was shown. :'(

SURPRISE AT THROSTLENEST when they tried to follow his wishes regarding his ferrets.

JUST A SMALL FUNERAL his actual funeral and the SEE YA COMPO scene was shown. :'(

actually the SEE YA COMPO scene was in "Elegy for Fallen Wellies" not "Just a Small Funeral" in the latter of them two was a version of the theme tune actually song in the show

actually the SEE YA COMPO scene was in "Elegy for Fallen Wellies" not "Just a Small Funeral" in the latter of them two was a version of the theme tune actually song in the show
Thanks Darren, trust me to cross thread it :-[ Its one set I cant watch too often. :'(

When I watch Elegy for Fallen Wellies etc I like to follow them with Of funerals and fish to bring Compo back.Silly I know but it makes me feel better :)

Back