S 25 This is where i came in

JO

In 2006 our PBS station was showing S 25 and I liked Frank Thornton so I gave it a try.
I have 226 -246 recorded from my DVD recorder and these are still my favorites
On Oct 6 2006 they aired 246 Little Orphan Howard and then started the series from the Pilot.
Surprise at Throstlenestso is the one on this week , so it has been a long time getting back close to where I started watching .
Joe

In 2006 our PBS station was showing S 25 and I liked Frank Thornton so I gave it a try.
I have 226 -246 recorded from my DVD recorder and these are still my favorites
On Oct 6 2006 they aired 246 Little Orphan Howard and then started the series from the Pilot.
Surprise at Throstlenestso is the one on this week , so it has been a long time getting back close to where I started watching .
Joe

Which PBS station is that? Every time I hear of another one airing LOTSW, especially one that started with the pilot, I use it as ammunition in yet another nagging message to my station, WSKG Binghamton. They aired a couple of seasons several years ago, but nothing since.

Marianna

Which PBS station is that? Every time I hear of another one airing LOTSW, especially one that started with the pilot, I use it as ammunition in yet another nagging message to my station, WSKG Binghamton. They aired a couple of seasons several years ago, but nothing since.

Marianna

Well Jo, several years back I started watching when my PBS station was airing season 24. The post-Compo, pre-Hobbo years have always been "the norm" for me.

For Marianna, the main Washington DC PBS station does not air Summer Wine (they are obsessed with Doc Martin and almost nothing else). However, there is a special cable PBS station, WETA-UK which airs Summer Wine every day at 12:00.

Maryland PBS is really good. They run Summer Wine at 1:30 and do whatever they can to avoid pledge drives. Then, they have a cable station, MPT2, that airs Summer Wine on Sunday evenings.

All these stations run Summer Wine from the first season to the last, which runs approx. one year. The station that runs it on Sundays only also airs every single season and they recently switched back to season 1. That station takes A LONG TIME to run through the entire series!!!!!!!!!!

I have been lucky. Last summer they started from the pilot. We are now in Season 25 NPT(Nashville Public Television). Monday - Friday. They take breaks from the show during holidays. Wish they showed more of the Brit comedies. Saturday, they have Keeping up Appearances, Miranda, and I am just now getting into Doc Martin. Welcome to the forum Joe

Back