Roy Clarke and David Jason reunite for one off "Still Open All Hours" this Xmas

Re: Roy Clarke and David Jason reunite for one off "Still Open All Hours" this Xmas

Wonder if they will use the original shop,will have to stake out the street where they filmed it

Re: Roy Clarke and David Jason reunite for one off "Still Open All Hours" this Xmas

Open All Hours was perhaps my favorite Ronnie Barker sit-com. I wonder if in this special we will find that Granville has become the new Arkwright, with his own young assistant who is always daydreaming of a better life? The dynamic in the original series was Barker and Jason playing off each other. If Granville is on his own in the shop it will be interesting to see how they make that work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b03c63d4/ This is the interview with Roy Clarke on bbc look north yorkshire. :) Open All Hours x mas spcl. Sorry i tried to make it start at the interview.....forward this to 21 minutes exactly to the start of the interview.

Looks like the shop counter is in a different place....Wasn't it dead opposite the door in the original series ??

Interesting. They have kept the name Arkwright's although I did hear David Jason say in a recent interview it was to be called Granville's.

Also noticed that the old Off License sign is still there. They had it in the original series, yet don't ever recall an episode where drink was sold or on show. I always assumed that the drink was on the side wall of the shop that was never seen that the cameras always filmed from, which was basically to the right of the front door as you enter.

Arkwright sold a bottle of beer to the DIYer who came in injured and he sold a case of brown ale to Mr Parslow just before he died, there the only 2 I remember.

So what did everyone who watched it think of the episode last night, I thought it was very good and it has a potential I think for a series of it as long as the BBC agree, I also like that documentary about it which was just on

Back