Rowan Atkinson in Maigret

Let us know how the show goes. I take it you are talking about a TV show airing over there and not a movie. Rowan is very talented. I have liked him in most that I have seen him in.

Cheers,
Rick

I think drama such as this is the natural next step in his career.

He doesn't do much comedy now, presumably good material is hard to come by.

I'm sure there will be funny bits in this drama.

I always thought when David Jason turned to drama in A Touch of Frost, he still managed to be funny occasionally - though some people couldn't see it.

Have watched it this week Amos I grew up with the Rupert Davies version , and since that version was in black and white for us at first it left an impression on me. However, not to give anything away I will certainly look out for the next one. Rowan Atkinson may grow on me.:)

Watched it last night , two hours was quite long and the pace was quite laconic . Whilst I know they are building suspense and clearly trying to stick to the original, whoever wrote the screenplay could have injected some further twists in the plot . I think its me but I did struggle to control my expectation of seeing Baldrick or the Prince appear at any time because he is simply associated with comedy for 20 plus years and to see him in a straight role is difficult to deal with .

My biggest issue is showing this on a commercial channel because the ad breaks detract from the show as a whole , despite the screenplay writer's attempt to build the tension immediately before the break . I much prefer this type of Production on the BBC with no breaks. They announced the show is back later in the year will definitely give the show a second watch.

Finally managed to watch this, Rowan was very good, he did a great job however the sorry was a bit rubbish but I wouldn't hesitate to watch him in a serious roll again.

Rowen was very good in this as a straight role I also liked Bradley Walsh in Law & Order Uk

Back