Robert Llewellyn / Fullycharged show

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

The Red Dwarf fans among us should already know who this guy is - the mechanoid Kryten. Some may remember him from the show Scrapheap Challenge or the show Carpool.

While searching on youtube the other week for some Scrapheap Challenge videos out of a touch of nostalgia I discovered that Robert has a youtube channel called Fullycharged. This channel is about renewable electric energy, electric cars, windmills, tidal power generation, etc. Mostly things to do with sustainable, renewable electric energy.

The production quality of the show is top notch for the small crew that they seem to have. After watching about half a dozen episodes I am very impressed. I really like that they present the information about renewable electrics in a logical next step to energy consumption and production. Not an in your face do it or else way.

So far I have seen episodes on a new style electric London Black Cab model, potential VW bus electric version, new potential Honda electric. My favorite videos have been some interesting ones on windmills in the UK countryside and tidal power generation in the Orkney Isles. Great scenery in these two vids plus I learned a bit more about how they work.

They do have a younger guy that narrates some of the episodes and with him they seem to do more trendy type camera effects. My preference is when Robert narrates - he is the reason I started watching the channel to begin with. Robert seems to do a more easy going information documentary type style without the flash camera work for the other guy.

I am not sure how to post a link to his channel on youtube. If you do a search for Robert Llewellyn Fullycharged show you should be able to find it. Hope you enjoy if you think you might find it of interest.

Cheers,

Rick

Thank you for the information Rick much appreciated , Carpool was a favourite of mine and was plagiarised by James Corden in the US with his Carpool Karaoke without any nod to Robert , whose show was innovative and most definitely gave Corden the idea .

Anytime, captain. Glad to help share something that might be new with the community.

I don't believe I have seen any of the Carpool or Carpool Karaoke episodes. The least Corden could have done was give some kudos to the original. I will look into Carpool sometime, thanks.

I hope you find , they are short interviews with various stars such as Stephen Fry , Rob Brydon, Professor Brian Cox and even Lister aka Craig Charles . I am sure they are on You Tube in fact pretty sure at some point they were shown on Dave or Gold [ I think the former] but they are just Robert picking up the guest in a Car and then effectively they have a chat as he drives , quite informal but very enjoyable.

Back