RIP Bruce Forsyth.

Not one of my favourite stars but no doubting he was an all round entertainer who hosted some of the most iconic shows over a number of era's . One of my favourite vignettes was the sketch with our beloved Norman Wisdom when he and Norman were a pair of decorators trying to paper the wall , classic slapstick . He was Mr Saturday Night when he presented the Generation Game [which they are allegedly set to air again in a new series] when you consider the numbers of viewers who settled down to watch that and the rest of the Saturday Night schedule its just staggering . A sad loss

The guy was a legend. genius in his field. I grew up watching Bruce Forsyth. From the generation game to play your cards right all the way through to Strictly come dancing. His catchphrases will live on for Generations. For seven decades he graced our screens. No one will ever match that record. Love him or hate him he was a master of his field and will be sorely missed in the world of entertainment. R.I.P brucie

Bruce Forsyth was one of those performers who could do everything - chat shows, game shows, song and dance, stand-up, slapstick, films, presenting and even a sitcom.

He was also watchable, entertaining and enthusiastic.

Although his style didn't change much, he always kept in touch with what the viewers wanted, which explains why he was still presenting shows so late in life.

TV will never be the same again.

Back