Railway Fans and Weather Watchers

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the link Terry. The Webcam is very sharp and clear with lots of activity. I looked on Google maps and Finse appears to be in the middle of the middle of nowhere. It is a very desolate and barren looking area of Norway. There were several cross country skiers coming and going from the lodge, so it must be a popular recreation destination.

Beautiful snow scenery.

Thank you for the link Terry much appreciated, puzzled how you happened to latch onto this particular webcam were you just trawling the net in search of webcams ??? Agree with Dennis the snowy scenery is so picturesque, I am glad its over there and not over here ,although we have had a close call last few days with some snow flurries.

Thank you for the link Terry much appreciated, puzzled how you happened to latch onto this particular webcam were you just trawling the net in search of webcams ??? Agree with Dennis the snowy scenery is so picturesque, I am glad its over there and not over here ,although we have had a close call last few days with some snow flurries.

Captain it was added to the Railcam website, so I tracked down the live feed, here is the link to the hotel http://finse1222.no/en/ which is rather expensive to stay in, but they have a captive market and there seems plenty of visitors

Thanks for the link. It looked rather chilly there when I checked the webcam this morning after you posted the link. Very pretty to see the snow. I saw a few people huddled about and someone with a dog on a leash. Seemed like the dog wanted to run off and play in the snow.

You might want to watch out for the New Scandinavia man who cooks while riding a train. Last seen gently cooking fish attached to branch (I kid you not) in a fondue pot while seated in a train car (not the dining car or kitchen).

Just seen the train arrive, people get on and off. Quite a long dwell time - one what appeared to be a younger person came out and jumped up and down a lot before getting back on board just before the door closed!

About 17:20

Just seen the train arrive, people get on and off. Quite a long dwell time - one what appeared to be a younger person came out and jumped up and down a lot before getting back on board just before the door closed!

About 17:20

Checked the time table, must have been the late running 16:48 ....

If I am reading the train timetable correctly, the 16:48 only runs on Sunday. Maybe the train you saw was the 16:23, which appears to run every day.

Is there a one hour time zone difference between Norway and Great Britain? Maybe that explains the time discrepancy.

If I am reading the train timetable correctly, the 16:48 only runs on Sunday. Maybe the train you saw was the 16:23, which appears to run every day.

Is there a one hour time zone difference between Norway and Great Britain? Maybe that explains the time discrepancy.

Ah that explains it. Thought it seemed somewhat out. Would also explain the waiting as it would have been too early.

Back