Prufe Reedin

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
Just had the shock of my life.
Have been talking to a couple of friends, about the same age as me (hmmm, well over 40 :rolleyes: ) about part time work from home. Not your usual leaflet distribution or licking envelopes etc. one of the friends has started proof reading with an agency part time. She has to work approximately twenty hours a week for a return of up to £16,000 annually. She has to proof read leaflets, booklets, books and websites.
I was given the details of the agency she is working for, and of two others that I could apply to. I have GCE "O" level in both English Language and English Literature so thought I'd be more than qualified...... Yeah, right!!!
The LEAST any of them would accept is Undergraduate. What a let down.
I now feel a lesser man :frown2:

So my " Certificate for Swimming a Width" is of little or no value if I wanted to be a proof reader . Tony , if the firm's site goes down and they come begging for help ,should your friend inform them that she knows someone who could help , you can politely decline and extricate yourself with dignity.

You need GCSE's to work at McDonalds so don't feel too down hearted, if you can say " Do you want fries with that?" You'll never be out of work.

I've been sorely tempted to track down my Maths teacher and tell him that NO.... I've never found working out if two trains on opposite tracks going at different speeds with different stops and different amount of passengers, who gets there first useful in my entire life.
It's all bits of paper.

..... I've never found working out if two trains on opposite tracks going at different speeds with different stops and different amount of passengers, who gets there first useful in my entire life.

That is - if the train is actually running! Or has some space to even get on! Times are a luxury!

I knew mentioning trains would send this perfectly reasonable thread into a farce.

Full CIRCLE!! [no not the London Underground line] denying Tony the opportunity to be a proof reader because he is not an undergraduate or higher is a Farce, worthy of Brian Rix or Ray Cooney! :20:

You need GCSE's to work at McDonalds so don't feel too down hearted, if you can say " Do you want fries with that?" You'll never be out of work.

I've been sorely tempted to track down my Maths teacher and tell him that NO.... I've never found working out if two trains on opposite tracks going at different speeds with different stops and different amount of passengers, who gets there first useful in my entire life.
It's all bits of paper.
That math teacher has never seen Foggy driving an engine.

Back