Peter Sallis the secret is out

Wow! It was no secret that Bill wanted to be buried there, but no idea Peter had also become so attached!!!

Thank you for posting Terry that is quite a surprise. Would have thought the local papers to Holmfirth would have reported it even if the family held a private ceremony it didn't have to be splashed all over the front page out of respect to his family but a respectful article on the inside pages would have been nice.

Thank you for posting Terry that is quite a surprise. Would have thought the local papers to Holmfirth would have reported it even if the family held a private ceremony it didn't have to be splashed all over the front page out of respect to his family but a respectful article on the inside pages would have been nice.

I think it was done so hush hush that they were not informed, they will pick up on it soon no doubt

Peter is buried next to Bill Owen in Holmfirth, a simple cross with his name marks the grave...
Wow... I don't know what to say...

But it really shows what respect Peter had for him and what they meant to each other... Specially after working that close for so long. I feel a tear coming on.. :(

I agree, a photo of this is required :)

Time to watch the trio - Elegy for Fallen Wellies - Surprise at Throstlenest - Just A Small Funeral again I think.

Thank you so much for posting this Terry I am sure Peter will be accorded true reverence with an appropriate headstone at some juncture . I hope this does not sound too morbid but I was wondering if any of the flowers had cards attached from any of the cast [although numbers grow fewer by the day] ?

Back