Our Mister Lucas

bigcat

I'm oft jealous of folks who grew up with all the British TV shows and can be delighted no end by the various and sundry guest stars on Last of the Summer Wine. With much less knowledge, I rarely recognize them for the cultural icons, one and all, that they are.

Fortunately PBS over here on the left side of the pond have been airing Are You Being Served on a loop for decades. So it was that Mr. Lucas popping up as a tailor was a lovely surprise. I can only hope that others from Grace Brothers might put in appearances on our beloved show. Perhaps Miss Brahms or Mrs. Slocomb. might represent the distaff staff or Mr. Humphries the male counter? One can only wait and hope!

What guests did you recognize instantly? What guests represented the greatest star power on British Telly?

We won't spoil your hunt for familiar face by confirming or denying any appearances but do keep your eyes peeled. If you're a fan of Keeping up Appearances you'll find one two cross overs there too.

Lots of guest appearances to look forward too! Thanks for all those remembrances of guest appearances. I should remember more of them but I must admit that a lot of these shows in Season 14 I don't really remember.

I'm having fun as Auntie Wainwright is quite a character and Howard is usually a class A idiot while the trio is often up to some barmy scheme. This return of the second third man for a second go round is proving quite enjoyable.

Bernard was responsible for a couple of great songs , this one is great . When I was working and you have meetings to decide strategies to fix issues or take forward the business I often sneaked in references to this. It was a fact of working life , personnel in the companies chock full of Fred's charging off like bulls in a China Shop, no logic, with poor saps like myself sweeping up behind them in a constructive manner to resolve the issues.

Back