Notification sounds with audio notifications disabled

Marianna

Dedicated Member
This morning as soon as I entered the forums, the system began frequently delivering a high-pitched beep. As far as I can tell, I've disabled all audio notifications in my User CP, and when I look for new activity in the shout box or in "Latest Posts", usually there's nothing there. This is a different sound from the "bong" that I was hearing before disabling the audio notifications.

What's up?

Marianna

I believe on the chat box there is a sound indicator you can mute. It beeps every so often. Not just when someone post. I thought I disabled also , but I put the mute at the chat box. It gets annoying after a while. Hope that helps.

I just double-checked my settings for the chat box, and that audio notification is disabled, along with all of the others.

Marianna

in user CP , in this case you put a check mark if you want it enabled. So a check mark would have it on. I just took the check mark out to disable and I still have to go to main page where the chat box is and click on the horn, because it started going off. :30:

Problem solved. It wasn't the forum.

The beeps continued after I gave in and muted my speakers. Then I realized that it was the message signal on the cell phone that I use only while traveling abroad and keep it at the computer when I'm at home. I'd had to turn it on to make a call in order to keep my account alive and hadn't turned it off at the end of the call.

For dumb! Both for leaving it turned on and for not recognizing the sound.

Marianna

Back