Not Really Howard

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I find it a little odd that in the episode "The Black Window" Howard seems delighted that Cleggy has been kidnapped by the black widow, he even suggest that Cleggy may leave and move in with her, yet Cleggy has always been the neighbour that often helped him pass notes to Marina or Escape from Pearl.

Why would he be happy that his only hope for all this help maybe leaving

On the news today they were reporting on the ring that had been lost in a field where they planted carrots and fourteen years later a carrot had grown through the ring so when they harvested the carrots there was the ring . The newsreaders had asked for people to mail or tweet in with their stories of lost and found items. There was a tweet from @ElLobo one H Sibshaw which said he had found a wife some time ago [appears he didn't know the exact number of years as he was always forgetting Anniversaries and Birthdays] and has been trying to lose her ever since . :08:

Yep, for Howard it wasn't a case of being glad of the prospect of Cleggy leaving, it was just his sense of justice.
Clegg: "Help!!! I'm being held prisoner!!"
Howard: "NOW you know how it FEELS! I hope we can expect more sympathy and understanding from now on." (as close as I can recall from "How to Remove a Cousin")

I find it a little odd that in the episode "The Black Window" Howard seems delighted that Cleggy has been kidnapped by the black widow, he even suggest that Cleggy may leave and move in with her, yet Cleggy has always been the neighbour that often helped him pass notes to Marina or Escape from Pearl.

Why would he be happy that his only hope for all this help maybe leaving
Cleggy RELUCTANTLY passed notes and other things and often got into trouble. To wit the one about why does Cleggy wear elastic stockings and that one about the giant panda. And then all those times Howard would knock and then just barge in. Perhaps he sees a little of Pearl in the Black Widow and is delighted that Cleggy may be stepping right into his shoes.

I imagine it is just a coincidence but I wonder why Roy Clarke used a character identified as the Black Widow in LOTSW and Open All Hours [played by the wonderful actress Stephanie Cole]

I imagine it is just a coincidence but I wonder why Roy Clarke used a character identified as the Black Widow in LOTSW and Open All Hours [played by the wonderful actress Stephanie Cole]
Women, back then, if widowed sometimes would do the Black Widow Spider thing and find a suitable man and just latch onto him and become married to him before he even knew what had happened. Kind of a tag you're it, kind of thing.

Women, back then, if widowed sometimes would do the Black Widow Spider thing and find a suitable man and just latch onto him and become married to him before he even knew what had happened. Kind of a tag you're it, kind of thing.
Yes a well known potential hazard for widowers. Especially in the former West Riding which includes Balby in Doncaster as well as Holmfirth and Keighley. Help ....

Back