Nice Version of Theme Tune

A fitting version . I opened it in You Tube app and took the opportunity to also watch the unveiling of the plaque at the British Comedy Society Hall of Fame Ceremony which I hadn't seen in a good while. Two things I noticed , firstly how reticent Peter Sallis was about the whole thing , he clearly looked like he didn't want to be there. When the plaque is unveiled the cast cheer and clap Peter does neither, which to me is symptomatic of him not wishing to be there . He has a very muted reaction to the group photo when a lot are waving and cheering .

The second item is Stephen Lewis whose dress sense is rather obscure. Brown Checked jacket , multi-coloured checked shirt , red and cream paisley tie .If you didn't know better you think he was sold his attire by Auntie:)

.... how reticent Peter Sallis was about the whole thing , he clearly looked like he didn't want to be there. When the plaque is unveiled the cast cheer and clap Peter does neither, which to me is symptomatic of him not wishing to be there . He has a very muted reaction to the group photo when a lot are waving and cheering .

I had read somewhere that Peter Sallis had quite a bit in common with the supposed character of Cleggy. Seems to be true in that clip you mention.

The second item is Stephen Lewis whose dress sense is rather obscure. Brown Checked jacket , multi-coloured checked shirt , red and cream paisley tie .If you didn't know better you think he was sold his attire by Auntie:)

I can recall I once teamed a college blazer with a brown check waistcoat, a colourful paisley velvet tie and a vivid green shirt in the late 1960s - and I was not unusual then - perhaps Stephen Lewis was familiar with that somewhat bohemian style?

Back