New truck

Congrats. I'd let Wesley look. Not so sure I'd let him tinker with it!

What kind did you get? I would not mind getting a truck again.

Before you could park it Wesley would be at that truck engine with a 12 pound lump hammer making it run as smooth as one star brandy is on the palette

Went with a friend yesterday to a launch event for the new Skoda Kodiaq, what a super 4x4 and stacks of room, he placed an order for one and should take delivery in April

Went with a friend yesterday to a launch event for the new Skoda Kodiaq, what a super 4x4 and stacks of room, he placed an order for one and should take delivery in April

Not heard of one of those but here is another large Soda

taken from:

http://transpressnz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/skoda-built-4-8-2-steam-loco-slovakia.html

Cz475179+side.JPG

Very nice find there, barmpot. I feel like Foggy in Full Steam Behind when he was sporting his LNER cap. :geek2:

Oddly enough, some British locomotives such as the LNER Class V2, 60800 "Green Arrow" has a what is called a pony truck, i.e., two wheels on the front.

Oddly enough, some British locomotives such as the LNER Class V2, 60800 "Green Arrow" has a what is called a pony truck, i.e., two wheels on the front.
I think it was to do with leading the locomotive into the curves but what about in reverse?

Some British locomotives such as the LNER Class V2, 60800 "Green Arrow" have what is called a pony truck, i.e., two wheels on the front.

In the US, a locomotive with 2 pair of leading wheels
was intended for passenger train use, as a way of
"smoothing" the ride thru the curves, and also to
support the front portion of the boiler.

I think it was to do with leading the locomotive into the curves but what about in reverse?
Not too many locomotives go in reverse; BUT here in DC, the Virginia commuter train, the VRE, travels in reverse in one direction as there is no way to turn the train around. When they first inaugurated this line, they had to get motorists used to seeing the back end of the train approaching in front. No leading wheels.

Not too many locomotives go in reverse; BUT here in DC, the Virginia commuter train, the VRE, travels in reverse in one direction as there is no way to turn the train around. When they first inaugurated this line, they had to get motorists used to seeing the back end of the train approaching in front. No leading wheels.

They do in the UK: many lines did not have a turntable at the end so it was tender first running quite a lot. Tended not to be photographed so not realised how common it was.

Back